Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For comparison for me 15k miles, sdp and 3k business, full ncb their indicative quote was £1300+ 

• Confused 1

On 5/10/2024 at 6:34 AM, Pinkfish said:

Most will not quote, but most quotes are between £2000 and £5000 for rubbish cover with a huge excess.  I am told Lexus are doing something but it will be too late - as I have already had to pay a large excess to repair the damage on one attempted theft.  Add the huge premium - it is just too much.

out of curiosity, would you be willing to share what Lexus charged to repair the damage?

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 10:08 AM, Sybaris said:

out of curiosity, would you be willing to share what Lexus charged to repair the damage?

The damaged was quoted at around £4000.  My excess was in excess of £1000.  Still unable to get a reasonable quote.

I'm afraid anyone living in, or near London, will continue to be hit hard with insurance premiums for Lexus 4th generation cars (as well as Rav 4's from Toyota) until Lexus sort out the software fix.  Answer is not to buy another one but that doesn't help the likes of us facing these expensive premiums.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 9:40 PM, Pinkfish said:

The damaged was quoted at around £4000.  My excess was in excess of £1000.  Still unable to get a reasonable quote.

Wow that is a lot.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:51 PM, GSLV6 said:

Much to my surprise, after a chat with Lexus, and pressing for some discount, it seems all is not doom and gloom on purchase price and insurance.  After mentioning canbus vulnerability, forecourt price dropped a little and using the car details I'm after, I was quoted £548 fully comp, total of £650 excess with all the usual add ons thrown in for the standard price (legal expenses, courtesy car, breakdown cover and personal injury cover).  That also covered business use as well as sdp.

That puts a very different slant on things.  I don't consider £548 massively excessive for a car which is a few years old and it seems a heck of a lot cheaper than some folk on here have been quoted, so possibly a post code thing.

That's an amazingly good insurance premium price. I have the latest Gen 5 RX and can't get anywhere near that price despite max no claims, £500 compulsory and £250 voluntary excess, SDP only!. NFU quoted £800 plus.

I ended up going with NFU as the policy was better and that was over £800 all in but came with national breakdown, windscreen cover, legal expenses to £100K, European travel and another named driver.  The cheaper insurance didn't cover those things (any of them) and by the time I'd loaded it, there'd have been little difference.  At least with NFU you get a human being in a uk call centre, unlike cheaper ones which tend to be online only.  It's when claims handling is needed that the better cover and company becomes worth the premium.  I think had I bought a fifth generation, premiums would have been closer to the £550 mark.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 6:12 AM, Ken R said:

That's an amazingly good insurance premium price. I have the latest Gen 5 RX and can't get anywhere near that price despite max no claims, £500 compulsory and £250 voluntary excess, SDP only!. NFU quoted £800 plus.

If I may ask.

I assume you have a new Lexus without the cam bus issue and improved security.  My Lexus has the issues (2016 - 2020 I believe) - and is close to uninsurable.

If your Lexus is in that range - please revert and I will try NFU for a quote.

Thank you 

On 5/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, GSLV6 said:

I'm afraid anyone living in, or near London, will continue to be hit hard with insurance premiums for Lexus 4th generation cars (as well as Rav 4's from Toyota) until Lexus sort out the software fix.  Answer is not to buy another one but that doesn't help the likes of us facing these expensive premiums.

Any news on progress with these issues. Lexus really need to come the party.

Heard nothing more.  Bought a disklok as another additional measure anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks

My car is protected with an external steering wheel lock and a huge caravan wheel lock. Also have steel plates.  Car security useless  It's ridiculous that I have to do this for such an expensive car.   

Insurance still astronomical. 

I agree Sam.  Mine is fitted with the cumbersome disklok Gold but it's worth persevering with as it may be enough to put off wannabe thieves from attempting a theft plus has the steel plates too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links