Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus GS3 facelift automatic side mirrors folding module

For sale: Lexus GS 3gen facelift automatic wing mirrors fold module when locking/unlocking the car

Item Condition: About 4 months old

Price and price conditions: £100

Extra Info: Bought brand new from Japan, set me back £230

Pictures:

Contact Details: DM me on here or email liveforboost@gmail.com

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Prefer collection ,but if needed can post it as long as buyer pays for shipping

20240521_150511.jpg

This would be interesting upgrade to pre-facelift cars, the only problem is that it will not work without additional piece that has boot and fuel filler buttons on it. And for anyone who would like to do this conversion, this is just half of what is needed if I understand correctly.

That is because pre-face lift those two buttons are in this panel

Folding door mirrors - Lexus GS 300 / Lexus GS 250 / Lexus GS 430 / Lexus  450h / Lexus GS 460 Club - Lexus Owners Club

Post facelift, fuel filler door and boot has moved outside onto the separate piece

image.thumb.png.2203fac021d2ce62ce769fcf832460ca.png

So this basically would neither fit, not work in pre-facelift cars, and post face-lift already has this function by default.

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

So this basically would neither fit, not work in pre-facelift cars, and post face-lift already has this function by default.

UK facelift cars don't have auto fold from factory so i don't know where you pulled this information from. Why do you think i bought this module from japan? 

GS430/460 does have auto-fold (even pre-facelift), my understanding was that all GS got this function post facelift, perhaps your are correct regarding GS450h (although that would be strange omission). In such case - my point is to clarify that this will not work for pre-facelift cars if anyone is wondering about compatibility. 

Yes, this not for prefacelift. GS430 was made up to when GS got facelifted and i haven't seen seen or heard about UK GS430 having auto fold function as it was not available even in japan up until roughly mid 2006,i might be wrong about it but my UK 430 haven't had one. GS460 UK spec i haven't touched one so cant speak about it, but imports have it as standard.  GS450h and GS300 UK spec no matter the trim auto folding was not available, same for EU,UK,USA specs, only asia, and only certain trim levels had it.

Also, to make it clear, that's not to enable the function to fold and unfold the mirrors by button. That's standard on all GS as far as i can tell. I'm talking about feature, that car fold the mirrors in when you lock it and unfold when you unlock it which as far as my research goes says, that this feature was japan only

There was a thread a while back (sadly not easy to find), and on GS430 pre-facelift simply holding the fold button for extended period of time would enable auto-fold in pre-face lift (I mean GS430 is by definition pre-face lift as for facelift 430 was discontinued and replaced with 460). Other member have confirmed that this does NOT work on pre-facelift 450h and 300. But I assume (perhaps wrongly) that they got that feature in facelift for all.

I guess the reason why I am commenting is because I would be interested to retrofit this in my GS300, but it is not as simple as it seems (like for example you can do it with £5 module on IS250), but for GS it requires the lower part of dash with buttons and this part you have with some surrounding trim and fittings as well. 

You mean this thread? That's the only video I've ever seen with factory mirror folding in operation and this video was taken in imported GS460. 

I looked into wiring aftermarket mirror folding module myself ,that's how i came across this thread and realised,that there were factory autofold option and probably japan only. Then i switched to do the research in Japanese. 

If your car is prefacelift,there are autofold options too,i just can't help with part numbers here as i was mainly researching post facelift. 

If i would be you,i would go to amayama,pick the fanciest button tray on there for prefacelift GS430 (the later years the better),take the part number,go to somewhere like buyee etc and try to find one used. Obviously it's hit and miss situation here,but being nearly 20 years old and used they aren't that expensive down there i believe,so you could try multiple part numbers. I bought mine brand new as i was sure about part no. And didn't wanted used stuff on my car. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links