Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

tried out the new LBX premium plus. found the drive quite good and responsive but the two things i don't like is

firstly the ordering page for a new vehicle i notice the only included colour in the price is the solid yellow. previously when i bought my present UX the incuded colours were either black or white. with both models having to pay extra for any other variants. i ask how many people would want a vivid yellow car and would you want to pay an extra £700 for black or £900 for white, both of which are basic colours.

secondly i notice this model is not fitted with runflat tyres and it seems spacesavers are not available. some might not like runflats but it's better than being stuck in a rural location with a puncture and having to wait for recovery to a tyre garage ( which is not open) after 6pm. not being able to use the repair kit as they are totally useless in my experience.

• Like 2

Sounds like a sales tactic to make sure that the vast majority of LBX buyers will opt for either metallic £670 or pearlescent £920 upgrades. 

Would you also like a set of rubber floor mats for £250? Or protection film for £215? 

32 minutes ago, para999 said:

secondly i notice this model is not fitted with runflat tyres and it seems spacesavers are not available

You can buy spacesaver tyres.Try Carnouisseur...they are very knowledgeable,helpful and efficient.I ordered minemid afternoon and it arrived at 8.00am next day.

A space saver is definitely a good idea but having seen the inside boot space of the LBX, I'm not sure it would work without sacrificing a lot of the usable space. 

Not just a puncture to worry about it’s the pothole tyre shredding ……. Spacesaver could be sensible BUT RAC / AA carry universal spares these days …… and of course jacks brace etc BUT their carrying stock might have already been used up that day and the Recovery guy might be sans a necessary spare for you …….. just a thought 🤔

Malc 

2 hours ago, Steve said:

My last job was a recovery patrol with the AA for 12 years and in all that time i never came across anybody that had sucessfully used the repair kit or slime.this is because by the time someone found somewhere safe to stop  following a puncture, the tyre was usually unrepairable.both methods are usually only effective if you spot a nail in your tyre and can manage to get to a tyre dealership a short distance away.we did not carry spare wheels or other means of repair.the main reason i ask is because they already supply runflats on the UX why not on the UBX ?

4 minutes ago, para999 said:

just put slime in your tyres.

I discovered that a previous owner had put slime in my rear tyre because I could see it leaking from the valve. I assume that it was to save the cost of removing the tyre and replacing the valve for a very slow leak. It seems to do the job, but it will be replaced ASAP. In short - a bodge.😬

16 hours ago, para999 said:

My last job was a recovery patrol with the AA for 12 years and in all that time i never came across anybody that had sucessfully used the repair kit or slime.this is because by the time someone found somewhere safe to stop  following a puncture, the tyre was usually unrepairable.both methods are usually only effective if you spot a nail in your tyre and can manage to get to a tyre dealership a short distance away.we did not carry spare wheels or other means of repair.the main reason i ask is because they already supply runflats on the UX why not on the UBX ?

best bit about slime is not to put slime in to stop a leak but to put it in as a prevention way ahead. It sets inside and coating the tyre like a gel. 

Adventure or normal motorcyclists use it for that reason. Also some alloys wheels have slow leaks, this prevents slow leaks.

• Like 2

After much pondering about a lack of spare wheel, I bought a "dynaplug" kit & I already have a 12v tyre compressor I keep in the car. If you can find the hole in the tyre you can plug it up 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links