Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing A Safc For Is200

gwin

TTE system is OK because the engine is not Honda or whatever....we run Toyota parts !!

And yes, you don´t have to upgrade to pump and rails yet, I´m running on Std. injectors, pump and rail, with an additional 900cc injector running at 45% and the system´s pressure is handling OK at 48.5 PSI (The system is OK from 45 to 50 PSI), if you calculate this:

900*.45=405CC - 405/6=67.5CC per injector

Therefore, the needed injectors to be used for stage 2 plus ECU with device for controling the injectors should be original IS200 injector size in CC plus 90 CC per injector.

TTE system is OK because the engine is not Honda or whatever....we run Toyota parts !!

And yes, you don´t have to upgrade to pump and rails yet, I´m running on Std. injectors, pump and rail, with an additional 900cc injector running at 45% and the system´s pressure is handling OK at 48.5 PSI (The system is OK from 45 to 50 PSI), if you calculate this:

900*.45=405CC - 405/6=67.5CC per injector

Therefore, the needed injectors to be used for stage 2 plus ECU with device for controling the injectors should be original IS200 injector size in CC plus 90 CC per injector.

That's interesting. Are you still using our stage 1 pulley kit or are you using more boost?

We would prefer to use multiple larger injectors wherever possible as the fuel distribution is 100% correct.

The simulator is NEEDED if you´re S/C.

S/C and turbo car aplications need to have a fuel/air ratio of @ 12.5:1, which won´t be achieve without using the simulator, either at any throttle position or full throttle ("open loop").

Normally aspirated cars can go ahead and run lean, at @ 14.5:1 - 15.0:1, which is the std. program of IS200 ECU fuel map.

In conclusion if your S/C you need to "fool" the ECU...

To clarify, you have said "in conclusion if your s/c you need to 'fool' the ecu"

but now you say and this doesnt applie to TTE..

And running lean is bad for the engine.. and TTE's kit runs lean..

The simulator is NEEDED if you´re S/C.

S/C and turbo car aplications need to have a fuel/air ratio of @ 12.5:1, which won´t be achieve without using the simulator, either at any throttle position or full throttle ("open loop").

Normally aspirated cars can go ahead and run lean, at @ 14.5:1 - 15.0:1, which is the std. program of IS200 ECU fuel map.

In conclusion if your S/C you need to "fool" the ECU...

To clarify, you have said "in conclusion if your s/c you need to 'fool' the ecu"

but now you say and this doesnt applie to TTE..

And running lean is bad for the engine.. and TTE's kit runs lean..

My view on this matter is that the TTE sub ecu does not provide any alterations in fuelling, it is just a voltage clamp to prevent the map sensor seeing too much pressure and causing the engine to cut out on acceleration and storing a fault code in the std ecu.

We haven't tried taking out the main cat, but theoretically the engine would run even leaner.

When you remove the precats there is no need for an 02 sim because the primary lambda sensors are before the pre cats so there is no change to what they see. The secondary lambda is after the pre cats and the main cat so it expects to see fully cleaned up emissions. If all the cats were removed the lambda signal would be wrong which would store a fault code and bring the ecu light on. An 02 sim provides the corrrect signal to the ecu to prevent this.

My view on this matter is that the TTE sub ecu does not provide any alterations in fuelling, it is just a voltage clamp to prevent the map sensor seeing too much pressure and causing the engine to cut out on acceleration and storing a fault code in the std ecu.

That sounds very crude. Surely when the pressure goes above the clamp voltage the ECU sees no increase in air and therefore doesn't add any more fuel? I guess they rely on the fact that the stock ECU runs rich on open-loop so the extra air doesn't lean it out too much.

That sounds very crude. Surely when the pressure goes above the clamp voltage the ECU sees no increase in air and therefore doesn't add any more fuel? I guess they rely on the fact that the stock ECU runs rich on open-loop so the extra air doesn't lean it out too much.

That's exactly right Colin it is very crude and does indeed lean off the mixture albeit to a safe level with the pre cats fitted.

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys,

I finally got round to installing the SAFC, big thanks to maferga and grahamd for their contributions on the ECU pinouts.

Car's all good now! Anyone need help with installing one let me know, i'll be glad to pass on the knowledge

BTW, anyone installed an aif/fuel gauge? which sensor do i tap that to? OXY1?

I'd say with a stage 2 kit to try get bigger injectors and the S-AFC will manage the fuel support.

You would have to set the fuel a bit less than before, because the injector will open for the same time, but gives although more fuel in cause of its size.

So you can set the A/F correction to the correct value with an S-AFC or anything.

I get an overboost at 4000rpm, the boost raises until 0.8bar, now I don't know if the fuel system is maxxed out or it's an electronic problem, because it seems like a fuel cut over 0.5 bar, caused by that mapunit which was included.

The S-AFC DOESN'T prevent fuel cuts!!!

It only can lower or raise the Airflow signal to raise or lower fuel.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links