Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A lexus or not to be

Hey guys.

How you all doing??

I'm currently driving a 2.0Ltr Honda Accord. I've been thinking about getting a IS300 but I'm confused about its performance. How come adding and extra litre to the size of the engine over the IS200 only shaves 2 seconds of it's 0-60 performance??

Looking at the Accord Type-R, it's only 0.2 of a litre bigger than my car, yet its 3.5 seconds faster. (And there is not much else different between the cars.)

However, judging by your posts, it does seem easier to mod the Lexus.

I see you talk about superchargers and the like. Whats on offer and how much are we looking at??

Also, Are there garages around that can do the mods?? I can't sem to find any for the honda.

Cheers for your replys,

SSR

Originally posted by StainlessSteelRat

How come adding and extra litre to the size of the engine over the IS200 only shaves 2 seconds of it's 0-60 performance??

SSR

The IS300 has an autogear box.

One of our Supercharged IS200 has posted a time of 0-62 in 6.6 sec, so you can get good times if you want.

I also looked at the Accord Type R when I was buying my car, but chose the Lexus because of the Image/Rareness and it's good residual value.

In the long run you have to decide what you want from your car.

I also test drove the Type-R before I bought the IS200, and yes, it was faster, but only 5 gears and a lot of cabin noise, which sounded good, but would probably become rather annoying after a while. I drove them back to back on one day and decided within a few miles that the Lexus was the one to go for. It just felt better. Prior to buying my IS, I had been a Honda driver too. I would say that the build quality of the Honda (Accord Coupe) was ever so slightly better, but the Lexus (6 cyclinder v 4) is much smoother. I have never once regretted buying my Lexus, and will be looking at the IS300 when my car is due for replacement soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links