Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Got Written Off!

AltezzaRs200

Well, i should get the engineers report soon so ill see how bad it is. It didnt look that bad apart from the exhaust hanging and some scratches and scruffs here and there i couldnt see any other damage.

The diesel spillage could have been the cause infact i think it was the cause. So i guess i was a bit unfair on Altezza's. To be honest i was accelerating in second gear and all i remember is that i suddenly lost complete control. It was just so strange and unreal i couldnt really understand why the car lost control so easily. I think the only explanation is that slippery diesel spillage on the road.

Lucky i wasnt going any faster cause otherwise i wouldnt have been here writing this message.

• 5 months later...
guys,

It is with great regret i have to inform you that my Altezza RS200 has been written off.

I dont know how much my insurance company are planning to pay off for it but i was wondering if anyone knew what the market value for the following would be:

Altezza RS200, 17 inch Alloys, Rear Spoiler, a/c, silver colour, tinted windows e.t.c. Mileage of 40,000 miles. The car hadnt passed SVA and MOT yet. But almost all the work had been done.

Can anyone find out the market value for the car taking into account it hadnt been registered e.t.c?

ill buy the engine if its up for sale

hello. sorry to hear of your problem, without any documentation and no sva,mot or registration and no repair estimates you will be lucky to find a punter for anything more than scrap value. do you have the japanese deregistration certificate? believe that new regs require this to get uk reg, scott will know, good luck, gds

mate i was in second gear going in a straight line at roughly 40 mph. The car lost all grip and went in circles a couple of times b4 it ended up partially on the barrier.

Maybe when i say it is a write off you thought its in a right mess. But if u see it you would be hard struck to figure out how did it end up being a right off.

Ive been driving cars for donkey years and ive given them some bad treatment in the past but ive never experienced what i experienced with this altezza.

Im not impressed at all. I have to say that sadly that was the last time ill ever drive or sit in an altezza!

Something similar happened to my IS200 Sport over the weekend. I came out of my drive, and was making a left turn in 1st gear (a bit quick admittedly), and the car lost grip and span 180 degrees! Luckily there was nothing else on the road at the time... :crying:

With Traction control always on, LSD, and big 18" wheels, I was really suprised it lost grip so easily... :duh:

My only reasoning is that it is a kinda of a side road, where there can be a build up of dust and crap on the road, and that the tyres were cold (plenty of tread though)

:unsure:

the tracion control aint worth a carrot i`m afraid... by the time it kicks in your facing the wrong way!!..

Keep it switched off and learn the way the car handles when nearing a skid...

plus its more fun!!  lol

I agree about learning the way the car handles... :driving:

But when you say "it kicks in", do you mean that Traction Control isn't actually always doing its stuff? And only aids when needed? :lookaround:

Derek, the IS300 has Vehicle Stability Control (VSC - think that's what it stands for) which monitors the car a lot more and controls it better, the IS200 TRC I believe only cuts power, whereas the VSC system redistributes power I think? Not 100% sure but I'd rather have the 300 anyway!

One option you've got is to go down the aftermarket TRC system for the IS200 in the Racelogic system, much better than stock, Dave Ellen has it fitted.

And guys, have you seen the date of this thread???

Derek, the IS300 has Vehicle Stability Control (VSC - think that's what it stands for) which monitors the car a lot more and controls it better, the IS200 TRC I believe only cuts power, whereas the VSC system redistributes power I think? Not 100% sure but I'd rather have the 300 anyway!

One option you've got is to go down the aftermarket TRC system for the IS200 in the Racelogic system, much better than stock, Dave Ellen has it fitted.

And guys, have you seen the date of this thread???

Cheers Aido,

Muchus useful infos gracias.

We're digging up the past it would seem... from last year! LOL :)

:offtopic: Is your Avator actually a picture of yourself?!?!!?! ;)

:lol:

No mate, it's a guy called Bubbles off a little known American show called "Trailer Park Boys" - it's as funny as ****!

The pic in the middle of my sig is me though :crying:

:o

I should have known someone was going to say that :P

Let's just say that my avatar is what I probably would look like after a year on the Slim Fast plan :lol:

guys,

It is with great regret i have to inform you that my Altezza RS200 has been written off.

I dont know how much my insurance company are planning to pay off for it but i was wondering if anyone knew what the market value for the following would be:

Altezza RS200, 17 inch Alloys, Rear Spoiler, a/c, silver colour, tinted windows e.t.c. Mileage of 40,000 miles. The car hadnt passed SVA and MOT yet. But almost all the work had been done.

Can anyone find out the market value for the car taking into account it hadnt been registered e.t.c?

harsh mate, sorry to here that mate and good luck!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links