Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Northern Meet?

Grangey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grangey,where in lancashire are you,im thinking there are loads of places around manchester that would make good venues........but just trying to think where.........

I'm in Bolton, which is north-west of Manchester. Maybe Manchester and north of it would be a little too far for some? Forget Trafford Centre on Sunday's - chocka. I suppose it depends on how far people want to travel, and what they want to do? I'm a virgin (when it comes to his!). We'd better choose a location that more people will attend than one close to me (like the Reebok Stadium - less than a mile ;)). Let me think about it and look at some maps..........

Hey, Ricky - 180.2 miles? Just over an hour, isn't it :lol:. Run those new alloys in ;)

I've just grovelled to Jodrell, and I'll let you know their reply..............

ah Bolton know it well.........i used to live in Walkden/Worsley area............

i know what you mean about location.........however afinal destination ...or cruise to location like Rivington pike/winter hill would be ace............

or cruise to location like Rivington pike/winter hill would be ace............

That WOULD be good - I can see the Pike from my window!! I cycle there (occasionally!). Nice country roads around here. I know Walkden/Worsely, too.

I've no objections to that..............

ok ppl,the decission is yours,we could meet up somewhere............sevices or something on M6................and cruise onto a Maccy "d" then cruise to the pike..................nice roads,good final location,

let me know.........or Grangey

Originally posted by JOHNNY-BOY

I should be in Blackpool with the lads that weekend , a convoy of Lexus's along the sea front would be good.:cool:

Blackpool's an easy 25 minute ride from here - in fact, you can see Blackpool from the Pike. Any more suggestions?

What's a Blackpool donkey get for his dinner?

Half an hour!!

Lexussport prefers south of Manchester. How about meeting at Jodrell (no reply from them as yet) and perhaps heading a little north? Some nice coutryside in Cheshire, border both Lancashire and Derbyshire.

Anyone north Lancashire/Merseyside/Yorkshire interested in joining in?

If we do get this far, bacon butties at my place? After McD's, off course!

Had a reply from Jodrell Bank and they have no problem us using the car park to meet (must've been the work email signature that swung it - shows respectability!). However, they say that they are busy in August and there's no guarantee of parking together. They are going to send out some leaflets on the attractions (!) in case we want to do the tour:lol:.

We could always meet on some M/way services? Then travel on?

We would probably find it easier to park if it was busy to meet earlier in the morning.

Jodrell bank is easy for me,it's only about 15-20mile away so I could go staight there

:o:o:o I've just calulated the distance - 133.4. It should take me 2 1/2 Hrs by autoroute. In another words with my driving - about an 1 1/2 Hrs:D:D:D

I could make JB on that day - it's not too far away from me (50 miles-ish).

Grangey - I got your U2U but accidentally deleted it (doh!).

Anyway, near Rochdale is the answer.(we've had this conversation b4 u know).

Great stuff! Looks like we got 10 so far! Any more takers? Looks like:

Adeyb

Lexicon

Chris Shipley

Supercharged

norkep

JOHNNY-BOY

AndyHart

Ricky_IS200

ukazn

& me! Have I missed anyone? Thanks to all those that replied to my U2U's - sorry if you can't make it.

Adeby's changed his holiday's and Johnny-Boys gonna make the effort to get up in time! If we do end up for bacon butt's, it's gonna cost me a fortune!

So are we OK for Jodrell Bank or services on the M6 to meet? We need some ideas for places to cruise to - got Blackpool and Rivington Pike as alternatives. I'm easy, but keep posting your preferences/idea's.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk