Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wannabe owner

OK - I'm won over - that looks yummy!

Do speed bumps have any effect though, I wouldn't want to leave my skirts up the road!

I had no idea that was a standard colour, can't remember seeing it on the board of colours he showed me - maybe he was keeping that one for himslef!:P

Originally posted by jojo

No haven't thought of the IS300 - thats even bigger, could you imagine!

No, it's the same size - R U thinking of the GS300 ?

Lots of people refer to the IS as "the 200" and the GS as "the 300", but that doesn't work anymore :smilegrin:

Welcome to the club BTW.

Hi JoJo, another girl in the club (or should I rephrase that):lol:

I thought that the IS200 was a little underpowered at first but it does loosen up after a few miles. Mine's a standard un-modded sport, but if you've got a few pennies to play with I'd go with the mods the guys have listed. You should have seen and heard them at JAE last weekend!

Anyway welcome to the Club and hope to see you in Gold :yes:

Hi JoJo,

If the IS is too underpowered and the LS to big. Why not consider a GS, you could pick up a secondhand two year old GS430 for around £30k. 280bhp quicker than any Audi and most BMW's superbly reliable and all the other benifits of the Lexus brand.:cool:

But I want a new IS! (stamping feet and throwing toys from pram) - Seriously, I will look into a GS and see what they are like - thanks for the advice.

As for a drive, I might take you up on that - I live in Coggeshall so I am not that far......

I am going to purchase in September so it still gives me some time.

Will I then be a Lexi Jedi?

:D

Jojo

Coggeshall ... just down the road then.

I was only over that way a couple of weekends ago too (@ freeport) ...

Some nice roads between you and Sudbury - good for a supercharged blast :cool:

U2U me or something when you're ready and we'll sort something ...

BTW - which dealer you seeing - Ipswich or Hadleigh ?

Seeya

TG

Hi Tony

Ipswich, I think his name was Robert - he was very very helpful. I am now looking at GS's because they are wayyyyyyyyy more spedo. How much is a GS new - 30k for a second hand one is a little mega, the must hold their value like glue.

My other half still wants to try the C Class, but if I pout engouh I will get my own way. After all he did choose the TT, which I have complained about ever since (poor old chap).

I could meet you halfway?

Thanks Tony

Originally posted by jojo

Hi Tony

Ipswich, I think his name was Robert - he was very very helpful. I am now looking at GS's because they are wayyyyyyyyy more spedo. How much is a GS new - 30k for a second hand one is a little mega, the must hold their value like glue.

My other half still wants to try the C Class, but if I pout engouh I will get my own way. After all he did choose the TT, which I have complained about ever since (poor old chap).

I could meet you halfway?

Thanks Tony

If your thinking of a GS300 which is a 3 litre auto, why not try the IS300, smaller car (same as the IS200) but with the bigger engine and has the 'E-Shift' gear change buttons on the steering wheel.

Hi to all you Lexus ravers.

I've just registered as a member today and thought I'd share my views on my experiences so far.

I acquired my IS200 sport from new 6 weeks ago without test driving it at all!

From the reviews that i'd read and the results of the JD Power survey i thought i'd take a gamble.

I must say that I haven't been let down one bit - the car is a dream!!

A mate of mine acquired a Civic Type R some months ago and keeps reminding me of its performance off the lights.

To be honest I'm not interested :!:

Let him have his glory doin 0-60 in 6.4 secs and racing the likes of 330's or VR6's. Maybe I'm getting old :(

This car is the most refined I've driven and still turns heads. The perfomance isn't the best i've driven but the car is certainly the best i've had in terms of being the 'finished artice'.

Great value for money and a joy to drive and be seen driving.

:cool:

Another reply from a newby. I've had my is200 S for 2 weeks. Amazing. I bought a T reg from a Dealer so you get all the Lexus approved used car stuff, which knocks any other dealer warranty for 6.

As we all agree the standard speed is not fantastic but the total package is unreal.

I have a SV650 bike for real speed thrills... there's no better combination of transport .

Trev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links