Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just bought a new IS200 and just registered here

Welcome to the Club, and hope you enjoy the new car when it arrives.

Running In Engine:

It takes up to 5000 miles (8000KM) for the engine to fully loosen up. You are normally advised to keep the revs below 4500RPM for the 1st 1000miles or so.

It's all in the manual. Just drive the car as normal without any harsh acceleration.

Thanks to everybody.

I've bought a so called "IS200 new", in Italy we don't have much choice for the colors, only 4 tints : dark gray, silver, blue, green. I don't know if it's a policy of Lexus Italy but we have only 3 model: IS200 Silver, IS200 new (with 17" and leather seats, I've bought this one), IS200 plus (with nav).

Here this is a very rare car, is uncommon to see one on the streets, that's why is nice. Too many BMW, Mercedes Audi ... I need something different and really better IMHO (yes, 320Ci is something better, but 13000 euro more MAKE the difference :-)

Back to the new engine, I travel a lot (in some periods more than 5000 km/week), with long travel (800 or more km at time without pause) this is why I don't know if the new engine can suffer in its early km from this kind of usage.

"IS200 new" street price is about 22000/22500 euro (29000 official price).

Then you should subtract the value for my used car that dealer take back (an old Ford with more than 220000km, valued 2500 euro !!!!), this is the right period to buy cars in Italy, you can choose the price :-)

But (I think) we don't have the same choice there is outside Italy, for example I would like a black car, it's impossible since in Italy Lexus sell only few colors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links