Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Rattle

alteza222

so what is the exact problem with the caliper????????

On mine, there is visible (and noisy) movement in the floating side of the caliper, you can grab it and reproduce the "rattling" noise by yanking it. Wills took his GS to a dealer and they said that it was normal, just noisy.

I'm a little worried about having grease anywhere near my brakes - what do you think Rob?

Also, Rob, I 'm having trouble identifying which bolt to take out first to get the caliper off - I've had a look at your excellent article but a piccy or diagram would be great if you could please? There's a 17mm bolt round the back, on the bottom of the caliper but it's incredibly tight - is that the one?

assuming we are talking about the front caliper, grease on the pins, evenly spread so there is no major excess wont be any prob.

as for the rear, i have not looked at these as yet - tomo job!

for the caliper mounting bolts there is a 17mm bolt retaining them and they / it is very tight, often retained with a locking compound, get urself a long breaker bar or a tommy bar and a piece of tube for leaverage - be careful when tightening it again!!!!

The sliding pins already have grease on them so no problem with adding more. The grease is contained by dust boots. Most people that have a sticking caliper have corroded sliding pins as water has got in past the dust boots. Always worth checking/re-grease these pins when you replace the pads otherwise it will cost you £££ in the future.

Here's a diagram of the front brake components:

brakes.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links