Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Repair Costs

OK....

Most of you know of my recent wing modification by some idiot...

I have made some enquiries to get it fixed as it is obviously bugging me to see it.

I can get a wing from Lexus for around £100, however, the paint sprayers want £300 to do it as they tell me that they need to fit the wing themselves to be able to match the colour with the door. They also need the car for 3 days.

Am I being taken for a ride here? I feel that this is expensive and I can't do without the car for 3 days?

I don't mind paying good money for a good job, but as this is not an insurance claim, I need to know that this is the going rate?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks for your comments on the last string 'Dangers of Public Parking' by the way.

Thanks

Neil

Labour would sound about right if they are indeed working for 3 days on it.

Save yourself some money and get a second hand wing, search around some salvage yards, i'm sure you can pick one up for less than half the price from a dealer!

When i had accident back in July (bus hit me) they took a nice 3 weeks and 5 days to change, 1 wing, repair slightly scuffed bumper :(

Well, as you would also now ... I had the same incident happen to me, (previsouly known as MetServeUK) took it into lexus, and basically.

To fix the dent in the bonnet (about the size of a tennis ball) , and to respray .... etc.

Would charge me £250 + VAT , and they booked the car in for 2 days ?

But i'd be getting a courtesy car anyway, so I don't really mind it taking 2 days !

I've seen the scratch on your wing, and needles to say it's worse than the dent on my bonnet, so I think that sounds about right, don't know about three days though ?

:ph34r:

i had about 5 large scratches (rights down to the metal) on my rear bumper and wheel arch - caused by reversing and scraping the driveway pillar thing, took it to the bodyshop and it took them a day and cost £150 and they did an A1 job. When I took my spooiler in to be sprayed and fitted that took them less than a full day too.

I know just how much it all cost's as i was going to get my bodykit repainted and i went to 3-4 places to see how much and they all come back to me with a cost of about £500-600 thats why i did it in the end for less than £150 :winky: all the pic.s are in gallery if you want to see how it come out

I know just how much it all cost's as i was going to get my bodykit repainted and i went to 3-4 places to see how much and they all come back to me with a cost of about £500-600 thats why i did it in the end for less than £150 :winky: all the pic.s are in gallery if you want to see how it come out

so did you rent an air compressor and a spray gun?

so did you rent an air compressor and a spray gun?

no mate i have my own :winky: and the cost of the paint was £135 to do the job, but dont forget this was full bodykit i did for that :whistling:

OK....

Most of you know of my recent wing modification by some idiot...

I have made some enquiries to get it fixed as it is obviously bugging me to see it.

I can get a wing from Lexus for around £100, however, the paint sprayers want £300 to do it as they tell me that they need to fit the wing themselves to be able to match the colour with the door. They also need the car for 3 days.

Am I being taken for a ride here? I feel that this is expensive and I can't do without the car for 3 days?

I don't mind paying good money for a good job, but as this is not an insurance claim, I need to know that this is the going rate?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks for your comments on the last string 'Dangers of Public Parking' by the way.

Thanks

Neil

:D get yerself a second hand wing and my mate who is a paint sprayer will do it

for you for about 80 squid. He would do it for you on a saturday, drop it off in the morning and pick it up late afternoon. ( that depends on the weather ie how cold it is and if it is raining) At the latest it would be sunday morning. B)

hope it is of some help ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links