Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cam Belt

marcus

Hi guys its time to change my cam-belt! how much am i looking at for a new Belt, can i do this or would i have to take it to someone to get the belt put on :whistling: i dont want to take it to lexus as they go way over the top on priceing, any help would be nice guys.

Thanks marcus

:driving:

i have a belt if you want it £20.00

i tried and failed so i am sending it to the dealer next monday yes £300 is a lot

but peace of mind is good

Tried that and got the Tshirt what a git of a job

strpped the other belts off no problem took rad off with twin cooling fans

real easy (my brother who works for Vauxhall was well impressed) to strip down

but that Fu"*in nut on the crank pulley (tightened by sumo wrestlers)

some people suggest taking the plugs out then put a bar on floor and turn

the engine over (NOT RECOMENDED) :excl:

so i give in and i am letting the dealer do it.

i even tried to get a tool to fit the centre hole and locating pins thus to hold the crank pulley while another person undoes the bolt

but then thought by the time i get this made and paid for it is just as cheap to get it done by a garage and i will get another 100k out of it 8 years at least

Matt :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links