Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back Seats / Practicality

phn

I am considering getting a soarer, but there is one important bit of information I need to know before considering a purchase. That is, would a childseat fit in the back seats of a Soarer. Also would it be a big hassle loading a toddler in and out of the back of the soarer. If any of you with kids have experience of this, please let me know!

Thanks,

Philip.

Hi, There is quite a lot of room in back seats of soarer, even my SWMBO fits in. I've never fitted child car seat, but reckon it would be OK.

As far as getting in and out, if you use the passenger side of my 4.0 limited and use the quick access handle, then seat rolls forward out of way, seat back leans front ways and access to back seat is great. After removing object (child I assume!!), just before you slam the door shut, push the seat back back and it all resets itself back to where it was when it started. Sounds a lot more complicated than it is!

Hope that helps, any other queries, gi'us a shout,

Nick

must agree with nickmoul, access to the rear seats is very good from the passenger side , not so clever from the drivers side as only the back of the front seat drops forward resticting the accessability between the seat and door piller also the seat belt gets in the way , so make sure you always draw up to the curb on the passengers side when loading up passengers.

incidently on the rear of the passenger seat ,bottom left, is a foot operated lever which allows the rear passenger to operate the passenger seat from the rear , not a lot of good baby wise but operational from 3 to 4 years upwards, not had any experience of baby seats only small nieces and nephews

Thank you for the quick replies! I have wanted a Soarer for a while, but was worried about rear seat access. A long while ago I had a MK.IV Supra TT, wouldn't have liked to put a babyseat in that!

I currently have a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV, which is a great car, but I'm thinking of changing to the Soarer for more refinement, and less running costs, as well as put the difference in cash into the mortgage! :blink:

Now I just have to decide 2.5tt or 4.0...decisions, decisions!!!

Back seat is ok.. had 2 adults in the back ok... bit cramped for the adults but the seats are quite deep.. just the leg area thats lacking.

TT is better for mods

4.0 is more expensve to run slightly and lacks in the modding area.. but the v8 burble in lovely.

Yep, think I may be prepared to sacrifice a bit of performance for that V8 sound! B)

I'm surprised that it makes a good noise though, as I believe the LS400 saloon with the 4.0 V8 is near silent. I take it the soarer has a different exhaust system then?

the 4ltr is quiet at all running speeds ,on mine the roar only comes on kick down , but a friend has new back boxes custom made ,not to expensive even though they were ss,which does give that V8 burble even under normal running and has released a few more horses through less restriction.

incidently i like the ability to tootle along behind pedestrians in car parks and watch the look on there face when they realise such a big vehicle is following them so close and they did'nt hear it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links