Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cars

Ups the power mate, basically standard IS200 is 153bhp and the supercharger ups this to around 206bhp.

There's a fella on here up where you work who does superchargers for £3k fitted - top guy too ;)

If you were to look at the Altezza RS200 that comes with over 200bhp as standard but the general consensus is that they drive different - the IS200 with supercharger is torquier low down but then again it will probably cost you an extra 5k on top of the Altezza. Don't forget you can always stick a supercharger on the Altezza which will then wipe the floor with pretty much any modded IS200 I'd have thought (unless you start uprating internals) - then there's the option I'm tempted by - IS300 with turbo's - great potential there :)

You can't buy one from the with the SC fitted, no, but you can order the part via Lexus / toyota parts if you have the part number of the item.

It is sold as an optional extra in mainland Europe, but not in the UK, the ironic thing is that it was Lexus GB who commissioned TTE to make it from what I read on here!

You get bored of it after a couple of weeks :P

I want something quicker now :o

How long for the install? I left mine for a few days for the installation to be done, if you can arrange a full day for the install then it can be done in a day. It's basically a plug and play unit!

You get bored of it after a couple of weeks :P

I want something quicker now :o

How long for the install? I left mine for a few days for the installation to be done, if you can arrange a full day for the install then it can be done in a day. It's basically a plug and play unit!

Damn, well that's one hell of a plug and play, more like "plug and PAY - !"

LoL for £3000 !

It's expensive mate but fun - makes the car faster than a stock IS300 - start playing with those though and it's a different kettle of fish altogether!!!

Best thing with the sc (apart from the obvious performance gains) are the noise - bang the TDI induction kit on there as well and to quote one of Kieran's old posts - she wails like a banshee :)

Hehe, that would be my mate Gordon Hutchinson that would mate :P

The badge you saw said "TTE Compressor" - that's the official name for the supercharger kit. She's not technically a compressor, just a blower, but at the end of the day I prefer a compressor badge to a blower badge :P

Standard supercharger sounds pretty much the same as the standard car, you just get a nice quiet whine - the TTE airbox is heavily soundproofed - you'd be happy with the noise the standard TTE box makes :)

The TDI kit is not for the faint hearted - you will get a lot of looks from people!

Dave, if you ever want to see one give me a yell, not too far away from you at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Aido,

this is probably a stupid question given that the blower costs £3K,

but do you know what effect it had on your fuel consumption - I imagine it's higher than before, but no so much that it's a major cost compared to the £3000 up front for the intstall.

Also, did you have any issues with insurance after fitting it? I'd imagine it would put it up a few points and hence a few quid? Or did you forget to mention it to them ;)

And I imagine it also blows the warranty if you get one before the car is 3 years old?

Basically, I wanted an IS300, but with a proper gearbox - the blower sounds like the ideal solution appart from the above issues.

T

Not a stupid question at all mate, I asked the same thing before getting mine fitted.

Consumption does go up, think 4% is the figure batted about as the SC is putting extra load on the engine due to the pulley etc. To be honest I don't really notice it with my driving, I've got a heavy right foot so petrol never really lasts long anyway. One thing that is good about the supercharger is that the car is much more relaxed due to having more power there all the time, if you want to cruise along you can just leave it in higher gears and it pulls much better, whereas if you want to thrash it you can :)

As for insurance, I think my base quote with Direct Line is £530 (25, 4yr NCB), the SC added around ~£250 - £300, can't remember the exact figure as I started going silly with the mods and seem to have an updated cover letter every few weeks now!

Now as for the warranty, that is a bit of a strange one. Officially they'll tell you the warranty is blown I think, but actually, the warranty is still valid, it's just that they have to prove the supercharger did not cause the fault - for example if you get a suspension problem then obviously the SC won't affect that directly and it's still covered. Chris Shipley recently had engine problems but it turned out the problem was covered under warranty which was good news.

Give me a yell if you ever want to see one in action, I'm not too far away at all, I just don't have my car at the moment and I'm really missing the power :(

As for insurance, I think my base quote with Direct Line is £530 (25, 4yr NCB), the SC added around ~£250 - £300, can't remember the exact figure as I started going silly with the mods and seem to have an updated cover letter every few weeks now!

Direct line refused to quote me because my IS is modded!!!!!!! :blink:

I'm 26 with 7yrs NCD!!!

Direct line refused to quote me because my IS is modded!!!!!!! :blink:

I'm 26 with 7yrs NCD!!!

try lexus insurance mate they allow as many mods as you like. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links