Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New 18's :-(

Corby

Just had my rear alloys off to paint my brake callipers, and I noticed a couple of things.... One of them had a huge chunk of rubber missing from the inside of the tyre and a gouge out of the alloy, making it oblong! Not impressed as Lexus had only just replaced with all brand new 18's under warranty...must have been a big stone i ran over!

Also both rear tyres have worn badly in the centre of the tyre - 2" of tread on each side of the tyre was fine, but the middle the tread was below the legal limit. National tyres have said this is over inflation, but at 30-32 psi surely this isnt the case?! Have any of you guys or gals experienced this? Could it be a castor/cambor issue??

Cheers

Paul

Ah, i've just found the psi info elsewhere - does it make a difference to tyre wear if the psi is lower e.g if I set them to 33 all round (up to 100mph) will i get better tyre wear in the long run.

Thanks guys.......

I've got SP9000's on the back of my IS200, and i think my pressure (off head) is something like either 32 or 34 , whatever it suggests in the manual (or where the driver side door is)

I regularly check my tyre pressures, at least once a week (when cold) and make sure the psi all round are correct.

Tyre pressures are one of the main causes of accidents, and can prove very dangerous at high speeds.

It can also be 3 points on your licence and a £60 fine, if your tyres are either over or under inflated !

Regards,

Also both rear tyres have worn badly in the centre of the tyre - 2" of tread on each side of the tyre was fine, but the middle the tread was below the legal limit. National tyres have said this is over inflation, but at 30-32 psi surely this isnt the case?! Have any of you guys or gals experienced this?

as a few posters have said previously, this is almost certainly due to over-inflation.

What do you use to check your tyre pressure?

I was seriously unhappy with my local garages old pump, so I bought a digital pressure gauge, and the garage one was quite a lot out.

I now only ever use the same digital gauge on my tyres to try and ensure a consistent tyre pressue

Sorry for the slow reply...

A reputable tyre shop was in agreement with me that my tyres were set at 30psi, and has now been confirmed by a digital gauge.

They have also recommend 30psi as I have just had two new tyres fitted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links