Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ipod In Rx300 - Is It Possible

My ICEPOD installation didn't end succesfully. My dealer installed everything like mentioned in the very simple manual and we could hear for 3 min. a very bad soundquality from the ipod and the nothing. Dead. The FM modulator gave it up.

I called ICEPOD.nl for info and they asked me to send it to them. I got a confirmation that they will replace the modulator.

I moved heaven and earth to get my Ipod connector before I left skiing and in the end I had to leave without. Frustratend to see a nice cradle that doesn't work.

To be continued....

• 1 month later...
Aren't the FM related ways of listening to IPods actually illeagle in the UK?

Yeah, it's some old transmitter law. It obviously wasn't because of these low power FM devices but it does affect them. I use mine in the car and the sound is OK, obviously only as good as an FM transmission. There are various universal and dedicated IPOD ones available. I also have one of the tape player adaptors which sound surprisingly good, but look fairly naff admittedly.

The next en final ICEPOD/FM modulator story.

I got the new fm modulator and had it installed by my local car electronics dealer. When they called me that my car was ready, the said "I don't think you will be blown away by the sound quality...". Unfortunately the sound quality was bogus. Worse than a regular FM station, distorted and flat sound.

Icepod.nl couldn't give me another solution than take everything back and give me a refund.

So to all Lexus drivers out there: Go for the best solution or nothing!

Top of my list still stay's the vaistech solution, but I wait until I buy a new lexus. I still got to digest the financial hangover from the Icepod adventure. Total of 210 € installation costs. (Half a vaistech solution, incl installation).

• 5 months later...

Is there a definate, easy solution to the whole ipod / RX300 saga?

I am picking up my RX300 this friday, and have just removed by Alpine head unit (c/w ipod control system) from my old car. I realise this will be of now use, but I still want to utilise my ipod in my car.

Does the Stereo in the SE-L play MP3 files?

Is there a definate, easy solution to the whole ipod / RX300 saga?

I am picking up my RX300 this friday, and have just removed by Alpine head unit (c/w ipod control system) from my old car.  I realise this will be of now use, but I still want to utilise my ipod in my car.

Does the Stereo in the SE-L play MP3 files?

having tasked all the I.T. "geeks" that we employ to go forth and find, not a lot of joy or happiness was returned.

The only thing close was the "vaistech" option, but even then the guys would offer no guarantee that it

would work in the Uk and were not interested in a work or return option, even thouh we as a company offered to act as distributors if successful.

Temporary solution has been to run it through my dvd system, although I have seen a custom job done by putting a DIN sized stereo in where the heated seat buttons are (bit iffy)

Jeff

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links