Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance - Reccomendations Please

Hi,

I am currently a company car driver, opting out in Dec to buy a new or nearly new RX300 SE. However I had a major accident in May of this year (not my fault, other partys insurers paid in full), a small bump just over a year ago (my fault but the damage came to way less than the company's £5K excess, and unfortunately have three points for speeding from May 04. I've not checked with my insurers as yet, but assuming this means I qualify for no no-claims bonus, Tesco are quoting £2,000 for fully comp insurance. Can anyone reccomend a competitive alternative?

Many thanks,

Chris Clarke.

Go on www.moneysupermarket.com and put your details in there. This will search most of the major companies and also most of the those that will get recommended on there. It means you put your details in only once to get lots of quotes back. Yes, some companies do search some other companies but this one covers a huge variety. I halved my insurance doing this. I eventually ended up with More Than.

Recommend Privilege Insurance. Have been with them for years on all the family's cars. Sister company to Direct Line, part of RBS so no hassle when it comes to claims.

Check out their web site - extra 10% off for on-line sign-up.

Hadn't used confused.com before and just tried it for my own details against the one I recommended (www.moneysupermarket.com). On confused, cheapest quote given back to me was £621, cheapest on moneysupermarket is £437. Of course, everyone's details are different so this won't apply in all cases but wanted to inform that I think moneysupermarket covers a better variety of companies. Don't forget to check small print though as cheapest price isn't always the best!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links