Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

here is the link.

h**p://www.autoweb.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_page_order_int/1/article_id_int/129

There is only one snag in the report, and I find it hard to believe. Opinions welcome (I am not spoiling the fun and saying what is it)

Before everyone gets over excited with the RX400 has anyone yet seen the difference in serviceing costs against the RX300 version ?

With all this eletric technology my bet is the cost will be sky high. Also I have not seen anywhere the life expectancy of the batteries or the replacement costs. Ask first how much to replace this electronic gadgetry if it goes wrong outside the 3 yyear warrantee.

Also I suspect it will be in a higher insurance bracket as well.

Its all very well Toyota bringing out a hybrid car but as most I suspect will not be company cars but privately owned and just comparing fuel economy figures I feel will not be enough.

I think I will stick to the RX300 series for me that is quality and toyota can keep their technology thank you.

UK only

Realspeed

Hi,

Couldn't access page as 'not available'.

I seem to remember reading that Lexus are giving the hybrid batteries an 8 :driving: year warranty. Also I believe that since they have been selling hybrids only a 'handful' of batteries have been replaced/scrapped.

Cheers,

Maybe the site was down? otherwise it works.

I know the RX is not a proper 4x4 ,but I was slightly concerned by the statement made by the japanese engineers to the tester, that you cannot drive the RH over sand as the heat build up will make the system shutsdown. What if you are towing a boat or something. Surely Lexus can't risk they reputation over a heat buildup problem like this one?

-The nickel-metal hydride Battery is designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle and comes with a 7 year warranty on the Toyota.

-the planetary gear should enjoy much longer life than normal automatic gearboxes, without requesting more maintenance.

-No special service intervals are needed.

-Towing power will be increased. Afterall it is a 3.3 litre V6 PLUS 2 electric motors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links