Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Error 1

Guys,

I get Error 1 when I try and play a CD in my car. Any ideas what it means? :crybaby:

Also......I am trying out a Tape Adapter in my car (at the moment it is hooked up to my PDA.)

The trouble I am having is that the sound is only comming through the speakers on the passenger side - not from the drivers side. When I use the radio however it is fine (sound from both sides).

Any ideas? :blink:

Thanks.

I've been getting the Err 1 and Err 3 for a while now, my headunit needs replacing but I haven't had chance yet...

I've found that the cold weather makes it worse as the CDs get that cold they are covered in condensation so the CD has trouble reading them..

In my experience when you get an Err 3 it's basically knacked and needs replacing and Err 1's can sometimes be read problems - what's the disk like?

Mine has started giving Err 1's on brand new CD's (not CDRs) so she's probably having trouble focussing....

If the car is less than 5 years old the headunit should be covered under warranty (ie free)...

Thanks Aido! :)

I have only tried a CDR - the brand is Infiniti and has been fine on my previous car. I will try a proper audio CD too.

My car is under 5 years old so I suppose I can get the Head Unit changed.

Any ideas about the sound only comming through one side using the Tape Adapter?

Dunno about the tape adaptor mate, have you got any normal tapes you could use to see if they also only play out of one side of the stereo, if they're okay the adaptor is knackered - might be worth trying that in the house if you've got any tape players in there to see if it does the same?

Right.......I found a tape and tried it. I still only get sound from the passenger side speakers. :( :(

I know its not a fault with the speaker since it works fine when I use the radio.

I have tried adjusting the balance and it makes a very small difference.

Help!!

Thanks

I'm not sure if you can still get hold of those tape head cleaners nowadays, might be worth having a go with one of those if you can find one, maybe Dixons or Currys still carry them?

Otherwise just get the whole unit swapped out at the dealers, I'm going to be calling mine tomorrow to get that done....

Thanks Gordon.

I'll ring either Lexus Manchester or Stockport tommorow and try to sort it out.

I was thinking - how much would a new Lexus Headunit be to buy? I might stick the replacement on eBay and then buy a new one with the money I got from the sale. I would really like one with Aux-in. Would this be possible? I know I would need a facia and some cables??

Thanks Gordon.

I was thinking - how much would a new Lexus Headunit be to buy? I might stick the replacement on eBay and then buy a new one with the money I got from the sale. I would really like one with Aux-in. Would this be possible? I know I would need a facia and some cables??

try lexus stockport, i think they have one in stock, if your cd is at the bottom ? :D

I've had error 1 a few times in this cold weather, its not a problem, its condensation on the discs, pop them out of the player a give them a warm on the heater sceen vents ( NOTE,Small warm ,not a roasting )....job done B) .

Thanks for the replies.

My Headunit is the newer type one.

I rang Lexus Stockport today and they said I can take the car to them tommorow to check the head unit and order a new one.

I did try the heating up trick and it worked...........well partially.

Got my CDs to play but I would occasionally still get the Error 1. Hopefully it is still showing error 1 when I take it to Lexus tommorow! :whistling: Need to get the problem with the tape sorted too.

Thanks for the replies.

My Headunit is the newer type one.

I rang Lexus Stockport today and they said I can take the car to them tommorow to check the head unit and order a new one.

I did try the heating up trick and it worked...........well partially.

Got my CDs to play but I would occasionally still get the Error 1. Hopefully it is still showing error 1 when I take it to Lexus tommorow!  :whistling:  Need to get the problem with the tape sorted too.

I bet you CD player doesn't play up at the dealer, its called .... SODS LAW :winky:

Thanks Gordon.

I was quoted €2,500 +VAT or €1,250 + the old headunit +VAT

for a new headunit here in Ireland .

franmac

RESULT! Lexus are going to replace the Head Unit on the 8th Jan! :D

I was worried that the damn thing would start working again at the dealers but it didn't! ;)

Also just noticed how excellent the sound system is (I usually just listen to the Radio (Talksport and the Cricket)). It is brilliant!! :D I can hear sounds that I cound't detect in my old car!

Nice one, same here pal, getting mine swapped next Friday too!

As you knew it would happen though, everything worked perfectly when I got to the dealers but it is on the way out so might as well get it done before it eats my CDs!!

Hope you're all okay when it's done mate :)

Magic stuff, it was swapped out this morning at Notts and it's working a treat :)

It started skipping really badly the last couple of days on new CD's, now it's perfect again!

Excellent service there today, can't fault them at all :)

Will add a dealer review

Got mine changed over today!

Again great service - only took 10 minutes to sort out .

Meanwhile I drank Hot Chocolate and pretended that I was reading the Independent newspaper! :D :D

I just wish that whenever I go to the dealer my caris clean. Last night we had really bad winds so this morning the car was full of all kinds of dirt and grime! It is abit embarrising!

From a Toyota service manual I got hold of the other day...

Error 1 - "disc is dirty, damaged, or is inserted upside down"

Error 2 - "no disc inserted" :unsure:

Error 3 - "trouble inside the system" :duh:

Error 4 - "over-current. Ask any authorized dealer to inspect"

HTH

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links