Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Powertec Induction Kit

jason_l

Don't know if anyone has fitted one of these or has even seen them, but in the previuos banzai magazine there was an add for a Powertec induction kit for the is200!

anyone know anything about them, they look real similar to the trust/greddy kit but the pipe is bright red!

just wanted to know if anyone has fitted one yet, dont know if the pipe is metal or silicone?

thanks,

Jason. :)

You sen the price mate???... might put you off a bit?... and they are not too willing when it comes to performance figures either?? :duh:

yes, price aint too bad, just a bit more than the greddy kit, just wanted to know about it! will probably buy the greddy one when im ready but was just looking and saw this kit!

i have never thought much of powertec but it seems ok, just needed to know if anyone has one yet?

Jason

You sen the price mate???... might put you off a bit?... and they are not too willing when it comes to performance figures either?? :duh:

yes, price aint too bad, just a bit more than the greddy kit, just wanted to know about it! will probably buy the greddy one when im ready but was just looking and saw this kit!

i have never thought much of powertec but it seems ok, just needed to know if anyone has one yet?

Jason

i have a different kit for sale for £170...

Ive just read the editorial about the kit. It mentions al sorts of nice things like kevlar this and aluminium that, but it strikes me that the bend in the intake pipe is far too tight. It could be the angle of the photo, but I would beware of this one.

The air filter seen in the pic look a bit cheap aswell in my personal opinion. The yellow filter you get with the trust/greddy kit is ugly I know but has very good flow and filtration statistics.

The trust/greddy one has a more subtle, sweeping intake which is better for airflow than sharp angles of any sort.

the pipework is made from a kevlar composite material (like silicone hose)!

surely this means that it will not get as hot as a metal pipe system, giving more power output as the air inside is cooler? or am i just being dumb here :hehe: :duh:

Jason

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links