Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Celica Vs Is200

Dunkie

Considering trading the IS in for a new Celica (190bhp one) but still trying to talk myself out of it  :crybaby:

What are the good / bad points?

I know I will loose the toys of the IS but I dont really need a proper 4 door saloon now the nipper is growing up.

What you think guys?

Below are a few facts & figures to look at, care of the Celica-Club. co.uk :)

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgibin/phpbb2...pic.php?t=15219

The gen 7 celica did have a few warranty problems. ... corroded alloys, rusty brake hubs, weak tail gate struts, alternator belt idler pulley, lights dimming on 190 model (alternator fault) and bolts on VVTi cams can wear and break.

Please don't think the celica has all these problems at the same time, i'm a moderator on the celica-club so get to hear the problems they have ... last point, paint work very prone to stone chips around noise cone.

On a personal note, i was in the same position as you two years back, do i go for a celica or IS200....i went for the IS200, go get a roadtest on a new celica for a few hours and see if you miss all the comforts of the IS200...i'm sure you will

:D .

lmao Bob! Thanks for the info.

Wosket matey how are ya? Did I spot your IS in Tesco Prestwich one lunchtime if so nice wheels :D

Got home last night and the wife had been to toyota and gotten me a celica catlogue :crybaby:

she wants one

lmao Bob! Thanks for the info.

Wosket matey how are ya? Did I spot your IS in Tesco Prestwich one lunchtime if so nice wheels :D

Got home last night and the wife had been to toyota and gotten me a celica catlogue  :crybaby:

she wants one

aye, twas me, seem to do the weekly shop more than once a week!

i had the opposite prob to you dunc, my missus preferred the IS over the celica, i really like the celica

Just my opinion ...but without doubt the most reliable trouble free celica ever made ,was the Gen 6 ( 1994-1999 ), only problem to come up on a regular basis is rear anti roll bar bushes, but if your interested in the gen 7 you may not like the shape of the Gen 6 ;) . and they're getting on a bit now, last model rolled of the production line Nov 1999, so you may find a V reg if your lucky.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links