Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Faults Rx300se

B) Hi all, I have as you know had a problem with the paintwork on my new RX300SE, Main agent area warantee manager checked it yesterday, result two front wings and rear d/side passenger door to be re-sprayed.

I supose I should be happy as they have lent me a 2005 SEL for the duration, but I still have a worry that a new car has had to have some pannels sprayed, will it match properly?, will it fade in a few months?. Splitting hairs! I don't know but still a worry. On the up side the dealership has been very very helpful and NO arguments about the situation. I will see what it looks like on it's return. best regards John B)

Roger I contacted customer relations dept today, they say that they are going to compensate me somehow, free servicing or the like, but not prepaired to recompence me financially.!

I had this in writing when I had a problem with my first IS that I rejected successfully, when nothing was forthcoming I called Lexus GB and they said you had a goodwill gesture of a new car :( I was not amused.

Probs like this is quite common even in main car dealers beleive it or not. Few yrs back i was at Mazda car dealer looking at some of their cars on the forecourt while my mazda 323f ZXi being seen too by mazda & notice one of their cars been re sprayed(was done by Mazda) but i think the paintwork job is not too good with over spray on the window seals where the window + seals got masked up rather than it being removed. it also had Special Edition stickers( from a special edition mazda 323f can only get them from mazda) i know for a fact that car wasn't special edition, the paintwork slightly faded too. Put it this way i wouldnt of been happy with the job if i was interested in buying that mazda.

It all depends on how long you plan to keep the car ,say you decide to sell after a year and the new owner do's a full inspection this will include a machine that mesures the paint and tells the bloke doing the inspection if the finish is factory or not .How will you explain this because most people will already be walking away before you have a chance to explain, i know i would .

i would back it while you still can as the finish will never be the same .

• 1 month later...

Well on normal inspection, not much to see, but when sun shines and you polished the car, small lumps under the laquer can be seen on both front wings/pas/rear door handle cavity and on the bottom of the rear pas/door. These stand out when you know were to look. I have had them done by lexus now and recieved a good will package of items :travel bag/watch/sun glasses/light jacket.

This was commendable but i'm afraid it has somewhat killed off the new car feelings. I am feeling like getting shot of it now, only still got it cos it's going to cost me so much to change it, economy has not come up to expectations either, babbying it around counrty lanes and getting 22MPG to me is nothing short of crap, my V8's all gave more thin this using some of there performance!!!, can't accept the "weight therory" or the "it's a 4*4" maybe at 56MPH on the motorway it would be better, I can't drive at that speed.

My dealer says it's my driving style: I pointed out that whilst my car was being painted I had a SE_L from them for 500 miles and that gave 25MPG same roads same if not heavyer right foot!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links