Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can any one tell me if this car looks like an import? Someone said that the alloys were not on UK spec'd cars?

Any other tell-tale signs that a GS is an import?

thanks

ps not sure whether the image uploaded? if not, what did i do wrong?

Get a closer look. Check the badging inside and out. Check the specs. Dash layout - MPH/KPH. Rear number plate size.

alloys can be changed so easily. If you kerb an original, and can't afford a Lexus replacement, good deals can be had on sets of after market units.

Phil.

from that site

LEXUS GS 3.0 SE (Facelift with SAT NAV) , 4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, 1998 S Reg , 89,000 miles, Metallic Silver. Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Steering Column, Alarm, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Front Fog Lights, Headlamp Wash, Heated Mirrors, Heated Rear Screen, Immobilizer, Leather Steering Wheel, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Remote Central Locking, Side Air Bags, Traction Control System, Warranty, Wood Trim, ABS, Climate Control, Computer, Radio/CD Multichanger, Remote Tailgate Release, SAT NAV. Andorra Grey Leather Upholstery, 17 inch Alloy Wheels, Heated Electric Seats, Drivers Seat and Steering Wheel Memory, Cruise Control, Electric Glass Sunroof, 218 BHP, 2 owners, full Lexus service history, absolutely immaculate throughout, low rate Black Horse finance available. £8,995

no more pics though

from looking at their stock - would imagine it was a "real" Lexus - not an import

from that site
LEXUS GS 3.0 SE (Facelift with SAT NAV) , 4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, 1998 S Reg , 89,000 miles, Metallic Silver. Adjustable Seat Height, Adjustable Steering Column, Alarm, Driver Air Bag, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Front Fog Lights, Headlamp Wash, Heated Mirrors, Heated Rear Screen, Immobilizer, Leather Steering Wheel, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Remote Central Locking, Side Air Bags, Traction Control System, Warranty, Wood Trim, ABS, Climate Control, Computer, Radio/CD Multichanger, Remote Tailgate Release, SAT NAV. Andorra Grey Leather Upholstery, 17 inch Alloy Wheels, Heated Electric Seats, Drivers Seat and Steering Wheel Memory, Cruise Control, Electric Glass Sunroof, 218 BHP, 2 owners, full Lexus service history, absolutely immaculate throughout, low rate Black Horse finance available. £8,995

no more pics though

from looking at their stock - would imagine it was a "real" Lexus - not an import

if you click in "image available" next to the description it brings up 4 images. the one attached initially was the best of the wheels.

ta-again

I'd agree - UK spec in my opinion.....

Big thanks everyone. Gonna take a look Sunday.

Anyone got any advice on what I could drive them down to on price? Assuming I'm a cash buyer?

To be honest i do not think this garage will budge much on price but i would try to knock about £1000 of you never now

Anyone got any advice on what I could drive them down to on price? Assuming I'm a cash buyer?

there is an excellent guide of things to check before buying a Mark II GS in the club knowledgebase - any of those faults could be used as a "haggling" point.

Be aware - that at 89k - you are coming up on a big service, belts etc - which could also be used as a bargaining factor.

there is an excellent guide of things to check before buying a Mark II GS in the club knowledgebase - any of those faults could be used as a "haggling" point.

Be aware - that at 89k - you are coming up on a big service, belts etc - which could also be used as a bargaining factor.

*** this forum's good!

*** this forum's good!

sorry Mod :shutit:

I rang Lexus Nottingham today to get a price for a 90k service and they quoted 225 all in? that sounds like an 'A' service? ie oil and filter change. Did you mean 100k service?

I rang Lexus Nottingham today to get a price for a 90k service and they quoted 225 all in? that sounds like an 'A' service? ie oil and filter change. Did you mean 100k service?

100k service is the belts I think.

only 11k away though!

depends on age. 1998 and some 1999 are service every 9k miles and the cambelt change is 63kmiles not 100k miles.

100k service is the belts I think.

only 11k away though!

depends on age. 1998 and some 1999 are service every 9k miles and the cambelt change is 63kmiles not 100k miles.

Firstly, I saw wheels like that a few months ago on a GS300 being sold through the Lexus approved used car network - so I'm pretty sure the wheels are legitimately available in the UK. Second - I understand the service interval was changed to 10k with the belt change at 100k late in 2000 - When the GS Series II had a minor facelift (satnav went widescreen, rear light cluster updated). I think my car was one of the early (October 2000) of the facelift GS II so I would guess anything older is very likely on a 9k service interval with 63k for the belt change. You should be able to see from the service record of course - also, get the VIN and call your local Lexus dealer who will confirm.

Its a UK spec...who  F******* cares and does it make any difference to anybody, OK  wheels, not the most exciting to look at, yeah it looks OK

wills is kind of right - the wheels look ok so don't worry. I think there is an important point about wheels from an insurance point of view - I know a personal friend (not Lexus owner) who got screwed by the insurance company because when the recovered his nicked car the wheels were not standard (aftermarket alloys which looked pretty innocuous on a Ford Mondeo).

But no worries here - I'm sure these wheels were available as a Lexus option sometime in the past.