Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shooting away from the light.....

L£xU$_K1D

Ok, i suffered a big humiliation last night against my mates civic VTi at a traffic light race yesterday. I balanced the clutch at the biting point and gave it about 4500 revs. When the lights changes i dumped the clutch and floored it, but disaster struck.....

The car just seemed to bog and the revs just dropped. The only thing i can think of is the traction control must have cut in to stop the wheels spinning due to the amount of rev i was giving. Should i switch off the trac control next time or is there a better way to launch the car off the line? Anyone able to help?

Dam man.....show some respect......of course its the trac .......

:lol:

but you dont go nailing a standered lex.....only supercharged ones.....then you can do it in style,learn the right way next time...now go away and write a hundred lines

"i will show more respect to my dads lexus"

Traction Control can be a real pain sometimes, but it also can be a Lexus saver! I wouldn't gop turning it off all the time, especially if you have a heavy right foot like me! For traffic light grand prix's, definately turn it off though.

One thing I have noticed though, since I have had the the big stereo system in my boot, the traction control kicks in a lot more. Must be due to the added weight + rear wheel drive + too fast round corners combo:rolleyes::D

OK OK i get the idea......I been a bad bad boy.

I know an IS has no chance against a civic VTI but surely he shouldn't have been able to gain about 10 feet on me before i even moved from the starting line, especially since the VTIs a new car to him and he's not used to it yet. Just wanted your advice on the best way to launch so next time i can at least give him a bit of a challenge. Btw, how much does a supercharger cost fully fitted and who does them in london area?

Kid - the IS200 is capable of a slightly better launch due to being RWD, however it would take practise, and if you intend to practise enough to try and challenge the VTi - don't spend your money on the Supercharger, save it for the new clutch and gearbox you'll be needing!!

In fairness, the Lexus is not that type of car - if that is what you want to do, hand the car back and buy a hot-hatch.

Originally posted by UltraViolet

Kid - the IS200 is capable of a slightly better launch due to being RWD, however it would take practise, and if you intend to practise enough to try and challenge the VTi - don't spend your money on the Supercharger, save it for the new clutch and gearbox you'll be needing!!

In fairness, the Lexus is not that type of car - if that is what you want to do, hand the car back and buy a hot-hatch.

:lol::lol:UV - it's not even his car!!!:lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links