Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe Solved This Esva Mystery!

AltezzaScott

As you all know i picked up LOADS of bits stripped from 2 altezza`s being used for race cars...

1 manual and 1 tiptronic...

when i laid they both next to each other.... low and behold... the downpipe from the manual doesn`t have precats!!!!!

Can`t believe how long it has taken to suss this out, and when you lay the 2 systems next to each other Stevie bl00dy wonder could tell the difference...

only thing is the auto has 2 sensors and the manual only has one... but i am sure it would just be a matter of having a little fiddle to wire one in place of the other...

This is obviously why the auto/tiptronic altezza breezes past the ESVA and why the Manual keeps failing!!! :blush::blush:

can Colin or Mat please confirm please>..... :D

dunno about the manifolds mate, all the ones ive seen have been aftermarket, and ive never brought in a Auto.

as for wiring in another lambda sensor, its not as easy as saying that, the manual ECU will not be set up for reading 2 sensors

dunno about the manifolds mate, all the ones ive seen have been aftermarket, and ive never brought in a Auto.

as for wiring in another lambda sensor, its not as easy as saying that, the manual ECU will not be set up for reading 2 sensors

what if they were wired together, then wired to the manual loom?

no, that wouldnt work, one takes a before cat reading and one takes an After cat reading, the ECU then works out what corrections are required.

the reason the Auto would use the more advanced set up, is basically Automatics have worse emmisions.

no, that wouldnt work, one takes a before cat reading and one takes an After cat reading, the ECU then works out what corrections are required.

the reason the Auto would use the more advanced set up, is basically Automatics have worse emmisions.

the altezza doesn`t have a sensor after the cat?...

on the auto they are before the precats (where there are 2 pipes)and on the manual they it is a little further down the pipework ( where the 2 pipes go into 1) ( nearer the cat )

only the is200 which has the sensor after the cat

O2 sensor after the cat is only used to check the cat is working and not to correct mixture, that is the job of the front sensor(s). I guess the JDM vehicles don't have this O2 sensor because they are not OBD-II compliant.

O2 sensor after the cat is only used to check the cat is working and not to correct mixture, that is the job of the front sensor(s). I guess the JDM vehicles don't have this O2 sensor because they are not OBD-II compliant.

So how big a job would it be colin to put an auto downpipe on the manual>??

You would need to plug one of the sensor holes and just use the other one. This is not ideal because you are only 'looking' at half the engine and the other half could be running richer, although on a fully working engine this shouldn't be the case.

I take it you plan to swap over the downpipe just for the ESVA and then put the other back again?

If so it may work. Clearly the pre-cats are required to pass emmision on the ESVA, however you can just have the main cat for a pass on the MOT.

You would need to plug one of the sensor holes and just use the other one. This is not ideal because you are only 'looking' at half the engine and the other half could be running richer, although on a fully working engine this shouldn't be the case.

I take it you plan to swap over the downpipe just for the ESVA and then put the other back again?

If so it may work. Clearly the pre-cats are required to pass emmision on the ESVA, however you can just have the main cat for a pass on the MOT.

Just what i wanted to hear... You Da Man!!! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links