Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloys

Sunil patel

Maybe these are pits in the alloys?

This is a common corrosion problem on the standard Lexus alloys.

Is this a new car you bought, or a used model?

If it is used, did you buy from a dealer?

If so, they should have supplied with refurbed alloys

me thinks it's the alloys that are starting to corrode, that is if it is like black spots.

I got a set of brand new ones from dealer last year, warranty had expired when i noticed these black spots ( about 3 mth ago) so took em off put my spare set on and sorted them out via a mate of mine who rather clever with the old spray gun.

I must have about 10 coats of laquer on them now and they look really shiny.

Just waiting to get them balanced and they will be back on, like new again and it still didn't cost me anything this time either.

sound like it is corrosion on your wheels mate, get them sorted before they look really :tsktsk:

• 3 weeks later...
me thinks it's the alloys that are starting to corrode, that is if it is like black spots.

I got a set of brand new ones from dealer last year,  warranty had expired when i noticed these black spots ( about 3 mth ago)  so took em off put my spare set on and sorted them out via a mate of mine who rather clever with the old spray gun.

I must have about 10 coats of laquer on them now and they look really shiny.

Just waiting to get them balanced and they will be back on, like new again and it still didn't cost me anything this time either.

sound like it is corrosion on your wheels mate, get them sorted before they look really  :tsktsk:

I've used wonder wheels to clean the alloys and they came up a treat.

I'm thinking if I rub a little vaseline on the alloys will be help with dirt sticking.

I'm hoping it will create a barrier and then I simple wipe them......am I being daft?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links