Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air-con Stuffed ?

I bought my IS200 last November and so (foolishly) have never used the air-con, switched it on for the first time on Saturday and despite going for a good run, made absolutely no difference, air coming out of vents was still warm despite me pushing the temperature right round to its furthest point. I've had cars with air-con before, on other cars I can normally hear when the air-con is switched on by a change in the engine noise but on my Lexus, nothing, the light comes on but thats it.

Car is still under warranty so I can take it back to get it looked at but just posting here to check that I'm not doing anything wrong or if there is anything I can check first ?

Thanks all

Jon

Just wondering (in case theres any problem with the warranty), roughly how much would it cost to get 'regassed' ?

Thanks

Jon

Had My Air con Serviced at Lexus (Birmingham) earlier in the month.should have been £100 with Gold Member Discount only cost me £80 :D

Steve - yeah all that, just wondering though if there was anything daft i wasn't doing or whether there was something common on Lexus's that caused this.

Thanks for the replies all, will hopefully get it sorted under warranty although looking at the weather, there's no rush now :D

Jon

I think the recommendation is to run the AC for 10 mins a week, keeps the seals lubricated which are one of the main points of failure.

Apparently (can't remember where I read it), Lexus AC's are one of the more problematic systems

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links