Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Driving Tests

NickF

I remember thinking after I passed my driving test that I was glad that I wouldn't have to go through it ever again.

Anyway, almost 10 years on, I have decided that it might be fun to take my LGV Class C test. My theory test is booked for a couple of weeks time. The questions don't look like they'll pose too much of a problem, but the hazard perception bit looks like it might be a bit more troublesome. It seems to me that my idea of what a hazard is might be different from what is expected.

Has anyone taken the hazard perception test recently? If so, did you get any of the training materials for it?

I'm going for an assessment drive tomorrow evening with an instructor, so if anyone is around the Nottingham area tomorrow evening, make sure you keep out of the way af any trucks you see with 'L' plates on!

just done one for A.D.I (passed)  :winky: one tip, dont press the button to many times, or it will give you 0 for that clip.

A friend of mine just took his theory test and had one of his clips disqualified for that reason. I need to know what 'too many times' is though :lol:

Cheers, I'll have a look into that. I think that I ought to buy the official book that ScarFace mentioned as well to make sure that I've got all the latest questions. The book that I've got at the moment is about 5 years old.

I have got an old LGV book and the questions in this are different to those for the car test except for road signs and stuff. The questions are all things like

You are driving along a motorway in a lorry and a loud warning buzzer sounds in the cab. What could this mean?

A - Low air pressure

B - Engine oil pressure

C - Your microwave lasagne is ready

D - You need to stop for a break.

I'm sure that the questions haven't changed much since this book came out, but I'll probably get a new one anyway to be sure. Like I said, its the hazard perception bit that I was worried about.

We could help with some other suggestions of questions you might face:

* You see a BMW approaching at high speed in the lane to your right with it soon coned off. Is it...

a. going to slow, indicate and pull carefully into the large gap behind you.

b. cut you up at the last minute without indicating.

* You see an old Rover waiting in a side road. The driver appears elderly and is wearing a hat. Are they going to:

a. wait for you to pass then pull safely out.

b. ignore your existence, pull out in front making you slam on your brakes, and then not accelerate to more than 40mph in a 60 limit. For consistency, fuel-consumption and to avoid all that dangerous changing speed they'll continue at 40mph even when they enter the next 30mph limit or pull onto a motorway (again in front of one of those nasty cars driven by some young fella in a rush at the speed limit.)

Or....

* You are driving along a busy road on a very wet night. Cars coming from the opposite direction have headlights including some with HID, and some Saxos with fog lights on. The shadow you briefly see in front of you to your left is:

a. a cyclist wearing dark clothing with no lights on

b. a dirty mark on the windscreen

c. both of the above :crybaby::sick:

We could help with some other suggestions of questions you might face:

* You see a BMW approaching at high speed in the lane to your right with it soon coned off. Is it...

a. going to slow, indicate and pull carefully into the large gap behind you.

b. cut you up at the last minute without indicating.

* You see an old Rover waiting in a side road. The driver appears elderly and is wearing a hat. Are they going to:

a. wait for you to pass then pull safely out.

b. ignore your existence, pull out in front making you slam on your brakes, and then not accelerate to more than 40mph in a 60 limit.  For consistency, fuel-consumption and to avoid all that dangerous changing speed they'll continue at 40mph even when they enter the next 30mph limit or pull onto a motorway (again in front of one of those nasty cars driven by some young fella in a rush at the speed limit.)

Ooh Ooh I know the answer :geek:

Bees they are both B

Did I get it :question:

Did I get it :question:

:D :D :D :) :P :P :blush::angry::crybaby: MY CAR :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links