Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs300 Brakes

Tron20

Hello,

I've already tried searching, but could do with an answer asap. My lexus gs300 pads are almost at their limit, the wear indicator isn't touching the discs yet, but they've stopped wearing evenly and had a gap at the bottom away from the disc, with what looked like black oil/grease between the pad and the disc surface, plus seem to have left a deposit of pad on the disc surface.

Anyway... I've tried a local motor factors for ebc pads, and they list two both DP2874's and DP21006's yet the dimensions seem very off compared to my pads, and the later don't have the little holes in the top for the springs to fit. So does anyone know what ebc pads fit and their code?

Or does anyone know the standard part number for Lexus OEM pads for a GS300 sport, although they are the same as a standard gs300 aren't they? Also how much they cost, just would rather change the pads now as the brakes don't seem to have the stopping power they did, and seem to be disintegrating.

Thanks

Paul

Yeah I'd read that theres was the opinion that the ebc caused the standard discs to warp. I might just stick with lexus oem pads, just couldn't get hold of the service guys tonight, so gonna have to try tomorrow, still if anyone knows how much the front pads are for a MK1 gs300 sport, and their part number, not sure I trust our local parts guy after he ordered three emblems for the sport grill before the correct one turned up

Thanks again

Paul

if you are just changing pads - then sticking with Lexus pads may be best.

People have said that EBC with standard disks wears the disks really quickly.

Believe it was Rodders who had a set of EBC pads eat his rear disks in a very short time.

Yeah - it was me. EBC pads on the back only lasted about 3,000 miles.

Had EBC pads and discs on the front, but they were very hard - wouldn't use them again.

I have Mintex discs and pads now - very happy with them, although to be honest they're no better than the OEM ones from Lexus (but lots cheaper)

I used EBC Greenstuff on a previous car and upgraded the discs at the same time and I would do the same if I put them on the Lexus because they'll wear standard discs much quicker than standard pads.

EBC list two types of pads for the front of the GS and I found out that it's because two types of calliper were used during the term of the Series I GSs.

I had to print the pad images from EBC's web site and take one of mine out to see which type I had, but I have stayed with the standard pads and discs for now.

Rodders_UK, My Dad had to get new pads for his GS and as far as I know he got Mintex too and is very pleased with them.

emJay you understand the problem i'm having, my pads do look very similar to the DP21006's(greenstuff) but those ones don't seem to have the spring pin holes in the top of the pads if that makes sense, looks like i'll have to ring lexus nottingham and get a price for oem pads, the ones on the car atm aren't lexus/toyota pads, some japanese company instead.

I just thought i'd try greenstuff as they have reduced brake dust, which i noticed on a previous car, still left brake dust on your alloys just not as much, but if they are gonna get roasting hot and warp my standard front discs I'm not gonna bother with them.

To the bat phone :geek:

lexus pads are £50 plus vat i put in aftermeket pads from my local spares shop and they were £20 ,in fact i did fronts and backs for less than £50 so quite a saving ,i have not noticed any difference in breaking and no difference in brake dust etc.

I've just spoken to lexus, and fetched some new pads part number 04465-30320 which are the front pads. They were £46.68 inc vat, they are exactly the same ones as fitted to my car at present, made by NBK PN532H-FF. I thought rather than buy aftermarket pads which may not fit correctly, and may not wear correctly I'd just buy the lexus/toyota pads and fit them myself. Beware on fitting them I refit my old ones after i looked at them yesterday and now i have a clunking noise on turning and braking at slow speeds. so rather than it being the wrong pads, it could be damaged shims or badly fitted pads

• 3 months later...

:driving:

Hello,

I've already tried searching, but could do with an answer asap. My lexus gs300 pads are almost at their limit, the wear indicator isn't touching the discs yet, but they've stopped wearing evenly and had a gap at the bottom away from the disc, with what looked like black oil/grease between the pad and the disc surface, plus seem to have left a deposit of pad on the disc surface.

Anyway... I've tried a local motor factors for ebc pads, and they list two both DP2874's and DP21006's yet the dimensions seem very off compared to my pads, and the later don't have the little holes in the top for the springs to fit. So does anyone know what ebc pads fit and their code?

Or does anyone know the standard part number for Lexus OEM pads for a GS300 sport, although they are the same as a standard gs300 aren't they? Also how much they cost, just would rather change the pads now as the brakes don't seem to have the stopping power they did, and seem to be disintegrating.

Thanks

Paul

Hi tron ive been in motor trade 32 years fitted mintex  to all the cars ive had now im gs300 mad fitted mintex with new discs they are superb

Mmmm... I should be getting Mintex discs & pads from Prolex soon :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I've just spoken to lexus, and fetched some new pads part number 04465-30320 which are the front pads. They were £46.68 inc vat, they are exactly the same ones as fitted to my car at present, made by NBK PN532H-FF. I thought rather than buy aftermarket pads which may not fit correctly, and may not wear correctly I'd just buy the lexus/toyota pads and fit them myself. Beware on fitting them I refit my old ones after i looked at them yesterday and now i have a clunking noise on turning and braking at slow speeds. so rather than it being the wrong pads, it could be damaged shims or badly fitted pads

i fitted aftermarket pads all round on mine for £50 (front and rear) have noticed no difference at all in braking .did you refit your pads in exactley the same postions as before

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links