Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous

In yet another hair brained scheme i am considering putting nitrous on the lex i would pay someone to do it for me but i have a real hankering to do some tinkering myself as the nights are drawing out so i reckon i want to have a dig myself prior to paying someone to sort the whole mess out for me :D

so anyone know what bits you require for a full nos set up i ahve a vague idea but theres nothing worse than starting something then coming to the end and finding out you should have plumbed in a wibble valve too

cheers

Leg

so i can't put nitrous nozzles directly into the cockpit and do amateur dentistry on the side oh well :D

i know it can have explosive effects if set up wrongly but i am not going to try and put 200bhp thru it was going to be sensible and i have already looked at TDi and probably will end up there but just fancy a go myself i fix jet engines for gods sake surely it can't be much harder (sounds like famous last words that innit )

what kit are you gona get,, i recomend a kit from high power (wizard of nos)

i do hope your gona use a progresive controller with anything above 75bhp.

as fro running a 200 shot,, i would recomend not, the GS and IS engines are very similar and lots of IS300 owners in the US runn MAX 100, and a few of them have had probs with that, mind you they use inferior NX or NOS kits, were the SOLONOID gets stuck open. which is expected when all US SOLONOIDS are simple industrial ones not designed to be pulsed in such a way,, except high power systems.

start off with a 75 shot and see how the car runs then build up in 25 shot stages.

fitting a kit is really easy,, the only problem i had (and one that i think you will have) is tapping off the fuel rail as you cant fit a banjo bolt onto the end, however i have a ready tapped fule rail you can have that has the connector already fitted.

have look at my install guide on my web here

i amy well be interested matt at the minute i am getting the springs and rotors changed so this will be a case of taking stock and seeing what i need and cost.

Thanks for the info fargo that guide is just what i was looking for it cleared up a few fuzzy areas i was experiencing top guide by the way

thanks again for the help

leg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links