Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Armrest?

i have checked on this before and yes the armrest from the is300 will fit our car as it is the same tunnel cover, it requires the removal of the cover to do so but that would not be hard.

But as of last week there is still no part number assigned to the armrest by lexus gb- so i have been told, but ill check today.

cheers robbie

• 2 weeks later...

i spoke to the dealer the other day and there was still no part number ( seems no one has had to have it replaced!)

I dont believe the arm rest will affect the gear change as it is only small( its the size of the rear stogage space in the centre tunnel console.

but u can order it from the US cost is about $350!!

these are the parts u need for the armrest.

Price Description

$186.90 Armrest

$51.21 Hinge Cover

$36.01 Hinge

$18.67 Box

$12.94 Round Cover $12.94 Round Cover

$2.96 Cover (goes where magnet was)

$2.15 ea Bolts (need two)

Total $325.93

• 3 weeks later...

I asked the Lexus dealer in Sweden about what the front center armrest would cost for for an IS 200 that doesn't have it.

They want 900 EURO !!! for parts and installation or 750 EURO for just the parts !!!

I was almost insulted at hearing the price. It's really not motivated. They said it's because it's not sold as an accessory.

So 325 USD sound better...but still.

• 2 months later...

I agree that is was shameful that Lexus omitted this from the car. I was told that the IS300 part couldnt be fitted to my 200 so I made other enquiries, I admit I took a cheaper direction but the end result was the same. I ordered a console from D&W in Germany that fits a Toyota (they only come in 3 "shapes and sizes") It has a Leather arm rest, and simply fits over the existing center consol. It sits on the top of the existing stoage box behind the hand brake and is secured by 4 screws. The whole thing took 10 mins to fix and looks great even though I say so my self. It cost £70 with the shipping and arrived within a week of ordering!! I have no problems with the hand brake and its exactly the right height for the gear stick.

Great for that cruising feeling.

As some of you guys know that I've found a place in the USA where they sell an aftermaket armrest for the IS...but 200$ is just too much. But I've got some news for you guys. I was looking at the LCS (Lexus Swiss Club) and found these pics of an armrest. Looks quite good to me. I maild one of the guys and ask him where to get it and how much it will cost. I'll keep you posted. :)

Hi Zee

Mine is very similar to the photos posted above, but only cost £80 plus P and P from Germany.

I will dig out the part number tonight and let you know. Check out www.dundw.de. Its all in German (obviously) and I dont speak the language but I was still able to find what I wanted and order. The staff at D and W are great and speak English!!

I will also post a photo tomorrow.

As promised here are some photos of the armrest. It is not as sexy as the Lexus fit, but costs 1/4 of the price, takes 10 mins to fit, and can be easily removed and no one will know it has been there. If anyone does go the same route, remember to put a foam pad between the bottom of the armrest and the top of the existing cover as it scratches ( I learned from my mistake!!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links