Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Speed Camera Detectors

IS300KK

IMHO, gps based with a good database is the best way forward... that and constant vigillance.  I will stop there as I dont want to tempt fate :)

If anyone wants to test their laser detector in Epsom during office hours let me know ;)

Kind of what I was saying :question:

Didn't mention the other stuff that sets it off like PELICAN Crossings, mobile phone masts? etc. The last one is from observation as it goes off in the middle of nowhere and there always seems to be a mobile base station around.

Also detectors won't save you from VASCAR, TRUVELO, and any CCTV based systems using ANR :angry:

All in all if you are buying one to save the last 3 points on your licence, don't bother. Slow down and wait for some points to come off your licence. Couldn't agree more constant vigilance is vital and we should be doing that anyway.

Kind of what I was saying  :question:

Yup, totaly agree :)

Didn't mention the other stuff that sets it off like PELICAN Crossings, mobile phone masts? etc. The last one is from observation as it goes off in the middle of nowhere and there always seems to be a mobile base station around.

Yep, anything in the same band or powerfull enough to overcome the front end filters of the reciever will set it off.

Also detectors won't save you from VASCAR, TRUVELO, and any CCTV based systems using ANR  :angry:

Of course you could always try changing lanes between measurement points of a SPECS system, as the version that can track events across lanes is yet to recieve HOTA ;) ;) :whistling:

All in all if you are buying one to save the last 3 points on your licence, don't bother. Slow down and wait for some points to come off your licence. Couldn't agree more constant vigilance is vital and we should be doing that anyway.

Yep, keeping your eyes peeled is the best thing you could ever do... I remember once seeing the blue lights some 1 - 2 km behind me whilst sat at a ton with everyone else on the M1... I pulled over as did a few others, but not all... and there was still one dozy driver, still doing well over the odds with the police sat behind trying to get past..... if that isn't asking for it I dont know what is... some people just arn't aware of what is going on around them.

My Valentine-One is excellent at detecting Gatso cameras on the motorways, especially in the cone zones. Up to 100m warning. Saved me a few points...

Fairly useless in town due to the clutter from microwave activated automatic doors etc. But you're not travelling that fast in town anyway.

I might be selling my Road Angel 1 soon - if another ticket drops thru the door in a couple of weeks, that'll be me last set of points before a ban!!! :angry:

So I'm gonna have to drive everywhere at 20mph if it does!! :crying:

Make me an offer if ya like  :winky:  I'll renew the subs when its year is up aswell.

Matt

Why do you keep getting points if you have a Road Angel? Isn't it working? :whistling:

Yeah it works great!!! Them b :tsktsk: s in the mobile vans keep sneeking up on me!!

It detects it alright, its just that I've already been hit. :angry:

RA went off a couple of weeks ago on the A1 at P'boro, still waiting to find out and still driving around at 20!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links