Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Repossesed Houses

Fidgits

Ian, I think you should do fine, and for a lot less than the 50k.

We re-did everything but the hal, stairs and landing...........

That included 5 rooms re skimmed, new kitchen, flooring, some internal brickwork and all came to less than 15k......oh we rewired it at the same time :)

before goin any further a proper survey is a must, and this is for any kind of house buying, that will save alots of money and headache later on, and if you know friends who is in the trade that will be great, as for 50k budget, wow, you can build a new extension and more with that price, i had my new house for a month now, its a detached house builded in the 1930, and its going to cost me around £15-£20k to have it modernize, that including new garage, new wiring, new central heating system, new kitchen and new bathroom, and also full new double glazing, and redecoration as well, i suppose how much you spend is all depending on how you want your house to be when it finished, all i can say is get it survey, and if its good, go for it matey, Good Luck... :) :) :) :) :)

FREE tix to Homebuilding & Renovation Show @ NEC (+ Smart Home Exhib.) - THIS WEEKEND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free tickets are available here.

Although I can't see mention of it on that bit of the site, the tickets should also allow you free entry to the Smart Home Exhibition, which is running at the same time. I imagine that'll be more to the taste of most people on this forum - it's home cinema/automation and gadgety stuff.

Might be of some use... :)

http://www.centaurshows.co.uk/cgi-bin/star...ue=x&pricecat=f

Make a daft offer. You never know.

Don't become emotionally involved. Always be prepared to walk away.

If you seriously want to find a house to buy rather than just buying this one because it's cheap, make sure you have alternative properties to consider. Beat up the vendor whose house you like the least.

well... this probably isnt going to happen...

called the estate agents to make the silly offer (1/3rd asking price) and the bloke basically gave me a gob-full, talking about 'losing credibility'...

I carefully explained about the fact, i knew how repossesions worked, and the bank just had to meet their bottom line - and he just ranted away etc etc...

I'm well :tsktsk: off

thats a bit of a bummer mate.

another thing i would recommend considering is having a bit of a dig around on the previous owners. the house i bought wasnt a reposession but the guy did sell it to clear debts (i found that out afterwards) and pretty much as soon as we moved in there were debt collectors knocking on the door constantly. some quite threatening and aggressive, some not so bad. this went on for quite a while and may even have something to do with the bricks that came through our windows too. i'll defo be checking as much as i can on the vendors of the next house i buy.

its probably different with a reposession though as they should've gone bankrupt i would have thought.

well... this probably isnt going to happen...

called the estate agents to make the silly offer (1/3rd asking price) and the bloke basically gave me a gob-full, talking about 'losing credibility'...

I carefully explained about the fact, i knew how repossesions worked, and the bank just had to meet their bottom line - and he just ranted away etc etc...

I'm well  :tsktsk:  off

No offence to any estate agents on here but..........what credibility ?????

I dealt with jumped up little 'estate agents' for years and he was probably p'd off because he wouldn't make as much commission as he wants.

Best bet is to try and speak to someone above him or put your offer in writing addressed to the branch manager.

That way you bypass the cretins :P

well, it just so happens the central branch called to discuss the viewing (even thought the branch office do this) - so i explained i liked the house, and called to put an offer in, but due to the agent, have decided to withdraw and will not be using them full stop...

well, it just so happens the central branch called to discuss the viewing (even thought the branch office do this) - so i explained i liked the house, and called to put an offer in, but due to the agent, have decided to withdraw and will not be using them full stop...

It's a shame that one a**e can ruin things Ian :crybaby:

I would defo report him to their head office as he has lost them a possible sale = money :angry:

Maybe we ought to start a 'name & shame' on estate agents :D

Ohhh.....peeps are going to start thinking I don't like estate agents :lol:

It's a shame that one a**e can ruin things Ian :crybaby:

I would defo report him to their head office as he has lost them a possible sale = money :angry:

Maybe we ought to start a 'name & shame' on estate agents :D

Ohhh.....peeps are going to start thinking I don't like estate agents :lol:

name and shame estate agents!!!!

There is onyl so much space on the server :P

i too am in process of looking a repossession properties for myself to buy, downside of living in york, is there arent very many :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links