Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Know How Much Insurance Will Be For Me?

i just past my test, and looking to be insured on a IS200 sport. anyone have a clue how much insurance will be on my dads insurance seperate claims.

cheers.

would ask insurance but they ask to many questions

Well thats how they calculate how much it would cost you.

how long you've held a license

job

etc...etc

What.........my son had a Cossie at 22 and only paid £600 fully comp!!!!!!!!!

It was on classic insurance though.

classic insurance is a lot cheaper, but a lot more restrictive

Really how?

Back then it was 200 BHP wicked and the most knickable car on the planet. Now so what

normally classic insurance means it has to be garaged and does alot less mileage than a normal policy but i paid so much insurance at the time because cossies were getting nicked left right and centre and i was just coming up to my 18th birthday i had to have a tracker installed as well before they would touch it

ah 1995 the year of the ram raider (its what vauxhall designed the GSi3000 carlton for you know)

If you want a real laugh i was looking at a Skyline GTR at the same time as the lex and one company quoted me £3700 to insure it :o :huh:

I know all about the mileage restrictions,but a bit of devious planning can get round that :winky: as for garaging.....not true as the Cossie was parked outside the house on the street it had no tracker but was alarmed with a clifford concept 600.

:D

i just past my test, and looking to be insured on a IS200 sport. anyone have a clue how much insurance will be on my dads insurance seperate claims.

cheers.

www.confused.com

IF your under 20 and just passed your test forget it. IT will cost you a bomb. Better to get something like a Clio with cheap as chips insurance, then upgrade. Or better a Subaru Legacy estate, with a tasty engine.

If your loaded then it doesn't matter!

cheers.

www.confused.com

IF your under 20 and just passed your test forget it. IT will cost you a bomb. Better to get something like a Clio with cheap as chips insurance, then upgrade. Or better a Subaru Legacy estate, with a tasty engine.

Even if you can afford the lex, can you afford to maintain it and insure it and fuel it?

When I passed my test the answer was no no and no ? If youre loaded then get an IS200 and live it up! Remember if it's on your dads insurance your not building up your no claims. Scooby flat four engine is reliable and cheap to insure. Estate can move quicker than it looks. Lex are not budget motors (even the old ones). IF you want a cheap pocket rocket check out this months Used Car Buyer (the best magazine for cars). You can get a 200SX for £1500, and that will pull some serious 0-60!

J

J

cheers.

www.confused.com

Even if you can afford the lex, can you afford to maintain it and insure it and fuel it?

When I passed my test the answer was no no and no ? If youre loaded then get an IS200 and live it up! Remember if it's on your dads insurance your not building up your no claims. Scooby flat four engine is reliable and cheap to insure. Estate can move quicker than it looks. Lex are not budget motors (even the old ones). IF you want a cheap pocket rocket check out this months Used Car Buyer (the best magazine for cars). You can get a 200SX for £1500, and that will pull some serious 0-60!

J

J

Got to agree with the expense its great having a nice car but the amount of people i know in their early 20s who do nothing but pay out for their motors and have nothing at all left for themselves is unreal at least 2 of the people i know who have spent out on a boxter and a gti6 only end up with a couple of hundred pounds with which they have to live on and fuel the cars with

when I passed my driving test in 1999, the first thing I did was buying 1 litre car (Suzuki swift) ... I know its a crap car but it was group 2 or 3 so I was paying like 200 quid a year.

If you can afford paying 2500 to 3000 a year, go for it

if you can't, start with small cars . you will be saving money and building up your no claim bonus at the same time.

under 20, your average quote will be around the 4k mark ;)

Everyone forgets the lexi are still pretty much the same to maintain no matter the age, hence there are many bad examples about..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links