Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help, Advice..anything

monster

:crybaby:

Having a nightmare.....I got my styling wheels fitted yesterday, didn't do too much driving and not at speed. Anyways, just so happens that my brother seen me and was following me when he started flashing. I pulled up and he said that there was a wobble on my back wheel. Got it checked out this morning and it's buckled :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: i knew it didn't feel right but couldn't put my finger on it. :angry::angry::angry:

I got the wheels from a fella on eBay (think it was from some sort of garage) for 500 notes. There was absolutely no mention of one of the wheels being buckled and if it was slight it might not have been so bad but it's well out!!! :angry::angry:

So it's left me with the following options:

a) let the fella know and try to get my money back - it was hard enough getting the flippin wheels from him in the first place once the money had cleared.

B) keep the wheels, try and source another - anyone know where I could get one without being stung?

What do you reckon?

thanks!

Miles (not a ver happy chappie :angry::angry::angry: )

obviously you've got to atleast try and get something out of him but I wouldn't be too hopeful, he would most probably deny it and say they were perfect and then it's down to you to prove it, which you cant.

I guess you could clean them up and say the garage that was fitting them noticed it was buckled so you had them all taken off and you want a refund.

did you actually check them when you bought them?

you do see them on eBay every now and again

I checked for any obvious damage when they turned up but they looked fine. The only way I could see the buckle was when they were on the car or the balancing machine so there's no way I could have seen. I really like the wheels but am p :tsktsk: ssed that someone has ripped me off. I've only drove about 800 metres in total so if he even considered blaming me i'd :tsktsk: :shruriken: :angry::angry: !!!

Paid for these by cheque and at an early 'buy it now' price so would this affect any of my rights. Still got description and all emails leading to the sale. Gonna send a mail to the guy now and see what he says.

Paid for these by cheque and at an early 'buy it now' price so would this affect any of my rights.  Still got description and all emails leading to the sale.  Gonna send a mail to the guy now and see what he says.

Dont accept anything less than all your money back. This guy is yanking your chain if he starts to describe ' sold as seen' etc They have a duty of care as a seller to describe goods accuratley.

In this case they are defective goods and not 'fit for purpose'. Tell him you want the money back and he can have the wheels back. Is he a pro merchant? If he is then he has an extra duty of care as a mechant (less rights from a private seller).

If he stalls or denies you the money, tell eBay and also tell him you'll persue the claim through the small claims court. This won't cost you much money and you'll be able to claim the costs of him.

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c04.shtml

Buying privately

You have fewer rights when you buy privately or at an auction. In a private sale, the goods must be as described, but a seller who is not acting as a business is not covered by the rules on satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose.

An auction house is, in principle, covered by the rules on quality of goods, but it may be able to get out of this by putting an exclusion clause in its contract. Always read the auction house's terms and conditions carefully before you decide to bid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c06.shtml

Private sales

If you buy privately - perhaps through a classified ad in the local paper - you have fewer rights than when you buy from a trader. The general rule is 'buyer beware'.

Privately-bought goods do not have to be free of faults, but they must be 'as described'. For example, a leather coat should not be plastic, and full-length curtains must not be half-length.

If the seller says anything misleading about the condition of the goods, and you buy on the basis of what is said, then you will be able to seek a legal remedy if the goods turn out differently. However, this could be difficult to prove.

Tips:

* Take someone with you to act as a witness to any conversations.

* Ask for a written description of the goods.

Beware of traders posing as private sellers, perhaps at a car boot sale or through a small ad. This practice is illegal and takes advantage of the fact that you have fewer rights when you buy from a private seller.

If you do suspect the seller is a trader - for example, you've seen lots of small ads with the same phone number or the seller insists on meeting you at your home - contact Consumer Direct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you push he should fold , otherwise nail him in the courts and eBay. :tsktsk:

:ph34r:

Thanks that's some great advice!!! I've sent out an email to him but he's been slow getting back to me in the past so I don't expect anything else now. :angry:

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Miles

same as yours aren't they Gord?

Thanks colin, ive just had look again (styling) :blush: you could try ringing lexus stockport after the 29th as they will have 4 sec/hand ones in :ph34r: :D

what are you upto? not trading it in for an IS300 are you?

same as yours aren't they Gord?

Thanks colin, ive just had look again (styling) :blush: you could try ringing lexus stockport after the 29th as they will have 4 sec/hand ones in :ph34r: :D

what are you upto? not trading it in for an IS300 are you?

No colin, not got job yet :hehe: and ive never had a go in a is300 :blink: lexus are changing my alloys under warranty :D but if thay had a blue or black (sat/nav) one in, i might ask for a drive :D

I can't believe my luck! :D At the end of yesterday I thought I'd have a quick browse of eBay before leaving work. And low and behold 1x18" Styling wheel for sale described as perfect for a spare or if your wheel is buckled, on a reasonable buy it now price - must have been destiny....just what I needed. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anyway I'm now in two minds whether to get my money back for the buckled wheel or keep it as a spare.

Is there any law stating that you need to have a spare the same size as the rest?

Could you get away with putting on a spare wheel that is smaller than the rest in an emergency/puncture?

Have the guys who have upgraded their wheels to a larger size also upgraded their spare?

Thanks, Miles

Don't want to count my chickens mate but hopefully this single wheel will be in good condition......put it one way the description defo doesn't state it's buckled :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links