Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bt Installing Help

i have bought a BT CK-1w set and trying to fit it to my lexus IS 200 (W reg 2000)

i have mounted the main box

i have put the mic in place

i have got the stero out but couldnt mount the wires

any help much appreciated!!!

i am sure there is somethin wrong, the set come with autolead , here is a pic

39_1_b.JPG

this is the bit that says goes to the ""stero"" but the box is too big, do i need to buy a adapter?

stero.jpg

there is also this bit that says ""to car"", Do i need to ignore this lead and just place it somewhere? or does it go somewhere?

tocar.jpg

where do i fit this ""mute"" too?

mute.jpg

this is the auto lead

auto.jpg

hehe sure

Squeek Squeek squeeeeek squeeeeeekkkkkkk.

ok Im rubbish at talking like sweep..

Ok

the Lexus does not use stanard ISO connectors that most european cars do these days. so the plugs on the end in your pic is of no use to you, you'll need to cut them off and wire the unit directly into your cars lead, there are only a few wires you will need, and Im sure some other members will be able to tell you which wires you need to splice into with your kit, you'll need power, ground, mute, you'll find it quite hard to wire the unit into the cars own speakers so its much easier to use the units own speaker.

Sorry but its not as straight forward as plug and play :(

hehe sure

Squeek Squeek squeeeeek squeeeeeekkkkkkk.

ok Im rubbish at talking like sweep..

Ok

the Lexus does not use stanard ISO connectors that most european cars do these days. so the plugs on the end in your pic is of no use to you, you'll need to cut them off and wire the unit directly into your cars lead, there are only a few wires you will need, and Im sure some other members will be able to tell you which wires you need to splice into with your kit, you'll need power, ground, mute, you'll find it quite hard to wire the unit into the cars own speakers so its much easier to use the units own speaker.

Sorry but its not as straight forward as plug and play :(

ok cheers

i will not be using the car speakers just the one i got

i am just waiting to speak to ScarFace as he has the same kit in his car

is there no leads i can buy to adapt it

not that im aware of,no

that autoleads box looks like its designed for a different car, did u buy the kit 2nd hand?

looks to be alot of wires there

most of it can more then likley be junked

the actual BT box will only have a few wires

which will need to be connected directly to your stereo lead behind the headunit. im pretty sure there is a mute wire on the IS200's stereo as when I had my IS200 it had a nokia kit wired in, that I removed and it was wired direct to my headunit loom. I dont have any details tho, im sorry to say. but it is more than possible to fit, but if you dont feel upto it, take it to an installer.

not that im aware of,no

that autoleads box looks like its designed for a different car, did u buy the kit 2nd hand?

looks to be alot of wires there

most of it can more then likley be junked

the actual BT box will only have a few wires

which will need to be connected directly to your stereo lead behind the headunit. im pretty sure there is a mute wire on the IS200's stereo as when I had my IS200 it had a nokia kit wired in, that I removed and it was wired direct to my headunit loom. I dont have any details tho, im sorry to say. but it is more than possible to fit, but if you dont feel upto it, take it to an installer.

if i am right i will only need 5 wires

yellow

red

blue

black

white/black

is this rite

Not exactly

what you need to do is

1. find out what the wires on the BT box do, which colour does what.

2. find the wires on the connector that goes into the stereo that match the descriptions of the wires on the BT box

3. join the wires from the BT box onto the wires on the back of your stereo without cutting the from the car to the stereo, best way to do this is to strip some of the plastic from the wire and solder the matching wire from the BT box onto the now exposed wire and insulate it, then do the same for all the others.

You could also use scotch blocks, but they are not really the best way to do things but are the quickest and easiest way.

So you need to know 2 things before you can start.

1. what the wires do on the BT box.

2. what the wires do on the lead going into the stereo.

Once you have that info, its really straight forward.

One word of warning, dont try to just match up the colours, because they are not guaranteed to have the same function.

If in any doubt, dont attempt it yourself, as a new stereo is expensive.

Sooty,

You could try and contact Geoffers on LOC. He's our resident Electronics guru and I am sure he'll help you out - he also lives near you too!

I know he fitted his own car kit a while ago, but not sure about BT.

Do a search on his name & PM him.

You could try and contact Geoffers on LOC. He's our resident Electronics guru and I am sure he'll help you out - he also lives near you too!

You may find that he won't reply ............. :blush:

so if i buy the orignal bt kit ck 1w it is just simple plug in and away i go

no mate, kit will need a little modding, it isnt just a case of plug and play, the stereo in the IS uses an external amp to control the radio. if u had an S base model then u could use an adaptor as it has no amp

so what needs doing can anyone explain

Not exactly

what you need to do is

1. find out what the wires on the BT box do, which colour does what.

2. find the wires on the connector that goes into the stereo that match the descriptions of the wires on the BT box

3. join the wires from the BT box onto the wires on the back of your stereo without cutting the from the car to the stereo, best way to do this is to strip some of the plastic from the wire and solder the matching wire from the BT box onto the now exposed wire and insulate it, then do the same for all the others.

You could also use scotch blocks, but they are not really the best way to do things but are the quickest and easiest way.

So you need to know 2 things before you can start.

1. what the wires do on the BT box.

2. what the wires do on the lead going into the stereo.

Once you have that info, its really straight forward.

One word of warning, dont try to just match up the colours, because they are not guaranteed to have the same function.

If in any doubt, dont attempt it yourself, as a new stereo is expensive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links