Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Being Evicted For Being Single

As i am fresh out of ideas of what to do next i am going to see if anyone has aby more knowledge and experience than me in this.

The story so far

I have in the not to distant past become seperated from my wife but i still have my children friday through till sunday and every thursday, as some of you may have gathered or know i am in the RAF nowthe RAF have turned round to me and said i am no longer entitled to live in the house they provide becauser i am classed as single and despite all my actions they will not take the children into account unless i have full custody of them and not a verbally agreed joint agreement and a while ago they gave me notice to quit the premesis.

Now i am fighting for the house for the sake of keeping contact with my children and have been through the airforces rank structure complaining, through the services other methods and i have a parlimentary question being asked by my local MP. All this seems to have been done to no avail.

Also during this period the estates manager has constantly tried to pressure my superiors into forcing me out of the house and has today telephoned me and said if i don't get out by next friday she will have the locks smashed and the contents of the house removed :blink: (i know this is illegal without a court order and that what she is doing i believe constitutes harassment ). So i am off tomorrow to lodge a complaint with the local housing office to see if they will take legal action due to the harassment.

At the minute i am being faced with 2 avenues which is A get out or B remain there and get a minefield laid round the house and a bit of rusty barbed wire

Just goes to show you though doesn't it how the Armed forces take care of people in their charge because i feel well and truely f :tsktsk: d over

So if there are any solicitors out there or anyone with experience or knowledge of this i could do with some more ideas because i have exhausted all mine apart from getting the press involved and letting the RAF squirm over it

which is if i am honest one of the reasons i am posting this if it gets in the public domain then it stops being a secret :whistling:

Leg

unfortunately the RAF hasn`t changed much then; they are geared toward married in family quarters, the old traditional way.

I seem to remember a similar case to this a few years ago being on local telly, but they fobbed the outcome, so can`t help you there.

In all honesty i think you`re going to have to bite the sh**ty one on this, as its a massive obstacle to turnaround, and i would think you need to way carefully the ramifications 'bucking the system' has on your career, unless you can network with other people with similar circumstances.............and we both know what the services think of 'unions'.....

don`t suppose a russian mail order bride would help :whistling: .

Sorry its not legal help, but just make sure you`ve covered all legitimate angles, not sure what rank you are btw, but how far up the c.o.c. have you actually gone?

its a shame this is happening to you, i have fond memories of that base---i was born there when my dad was in the RAF!

jesus had one wife don't want another :blink:

well chain of command wise its gone up to station commander and he slopey shouldered it off to someone else and as career ramifications go i think i have shown enough loyalty to the RAF to justify a little back so i am of the inclination to say :tsktsk: them, its not like i will struggle to get a civilian job

and i have tried to get the ex to say i have full custody but the RAF won't accept it without seeing child allowance books or documents and she won't do that

No legal basis on this just my thoughts having been through similar type of things.

Firstly sorry to hear the hassle.

I assume from whay you say they you live under different roffs to the wife, are you divorced? has there been a court order making decisions for you or is it an agrrement between the two of you?

Next custody doesn't exist anymore it's called residence order ( unless it's changed back ).

Now if the RAF are saying you haven't got full custody and it is indeed residence you can throw that one back say the mother hasn't got custody ;)

Have you checked the terms of the tenancy? Does it state married only and does it cover divorce / seperation, or does it only state married for the purpose of commencement of tenancy.

Think you need to get a solicitor involved for both the intended termination of tenancy and the harassment, also to stress that it will mean you want be able to see the children if you can only afford a one bed flat ( or whatever ) to rent off site.

good luck.

No legal basis on this just my thoughts having been through similar type of things.

Firstly sorry to hear the hassle.

I assume from whay you say they you live under different roffs to the wife, are you divorced? has there been a court order making decisions for you or is it an agrrement between the two of you?

Next custody doesn't exist anymore it's called residence order ( unless it's changed back ).

Now if the RAF are saying you haven't got full custody and it is indeed residence you can throw that one back say the mother hasn't got custody ;)

Have you checked the terms of the tenancy? Does it state married only and does it cover divorce / seperation, or does it only state married for the purpose of commencement of tenancy.

Think you need to get a solicitor involved for both the intended termination of tenancy and the harassment, also to stress that it will mean you want be able to see the children if you can only afford a one bed flat ( or whatever ) to rent off site.

good luck.

As far as the tenancy goes its governed by marraige cat which is an armed forces legislation however they have the power to "relax" the entitlement to marriage category (MC 1 & 2 give you an entitlement i,m MC3 )

Had not thought about a residency order my understanding was that there was a parent with residence and a parent with contact but the solicitor is tee'd up for monday anyway and the harrasment will hopefully be sorted on friday when i storm the CO's office and various other people

Must admit i don't hold out much hope but if you're going to go down then go down in flames :D

Very sorry to hear of your situation. Although not exactly relevant, this was my own experience:

I went through a divorce with my first wife three years ago (2 children). I was international staff, non-UK resident, paid in USD outside the UK etc.

We agreed that we (she) would not get a solicitor involved (since I'd seen a few mates getting hammered), so long as I kept up our mutually agreed support payments. I knew that if it all went to court, and with me earning a big tax-free salary, I would get fcked over if the bottom-dwellers (solicitors) got involved.

It all worked out pretty well (for her), I lost the lot. House, car, savings, everything. But at least we still talk and I get to see the kids without any sort of restriction or court order. But if the catfish were involved, it would be still all going on today, I guarantee.

Funny thing is, she said to me not so long ago, "I'm so glad we didn't involve the solicitors" :sick: I hate these scumbags who make profit from other people's misery.

Very sorry to hear of your situation. Although not exactly relevant, this was my own experience:

I went through a divorce with my first wife three years ago (2 children). I was international staff, non-UK resident, paid in USD outside the UK etc.

We agreed that we (she) would not get a solicitor involved (since I'd seen a few mates getting hammered), so long as I kept up our mutually agreed support payments. I knew that if it all went to court, and with me earning a big tax-free salary, I would get fcked over if the bottom-dwellers (solicitors) got involved.

It all worked out pretty well (for her), I lost the lot. House, car, savings, everything. But at least we still talk and I get to see the kids without any sort of restriction or court order. But if the catfish were involved, it would be still all going on today, I guarantee.

Funny thing is, she said to me not so long ago, "I'm so glad we didn't involve the solicitors"  :sick: I hate these scumbags who make profit from other people's misery.

thats pretty much what happened to me as well apart from the large tax free salary :D but i do agree solicitors do tend to be of the same ilk. The only worry i have with taking on the MOD is the huge resources they have because in effect they could hold it out till i can't afford to continue (we all know they never fight fair )

It all makes me feel very monty python "help help i'm being repressed" :D

The only worry i have with taking on the MOD is the huge resources they have because in effect they could hold it out till i can't afford to continue (we all know they never fight fair )

As discussed soon as Peeps like SSAFA and those such agencies like the G*O*D squad get involved, the MOD could have OJ Simpsons Lawyers, they never win against SSAFA/G*O*D squad :D

ask for the Air Commodors house...... :lol:

The only worry i have with taking on the MOD is the huge resources they have because in effect they could hold it out till i can't afford to continue (we all know they never fight fair )

As discussed soon as Peeps like SSAFA and those such agencies like the G*O*D squad get involved, the MOD could have OJ Simpsons Lawyers, they never win against SSAFA/G*O*D squad :D

ask for the Air Commodors house...... :lol:

i've been scanning the net for sir jock stirrups home phone nuber :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links