Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brembo Slotted/drilled Discs

Mr Morse

I saw a set of F/R brembo discs, pads and hoses up on US eBay for $449 (£235), which looks like a good price :P

Linky

I'm travelling to Houston in a couple of months and could hand carry these back, saving a load of dosh for shipping.

Gord - I'm sure I saw these on your car, :winky: how do you rate them? Anyone else too, your opinions/experience is welcome

I saw a set of F/R Brembo discs, pads and hoses up on US eBay for $449 (£235), which looks like a good price  :P

Linky

I'm travelling to Houston in a couple of months and could hand carry these back, saving a load of dosh for shipping.

Gord - I'm sure I saw these on your car,  :winky:  how do you rate them? Anyone else too, your opinions/experience is welcome

Know a few people who swear by brembo and i saw them on eBay too for my gs but the carriage was huge :o so i didn't bother if it wasn't for the shipping price i would have gone for them but then i haven't heard anyones opinion of other brands really

I have the EXACT same set-up on mine.

Fitting was a doddle, except the rear brake pipes, they just wouldn't budge even with some heat, so left those and uprated the fronts only. Brake feel was excellent, but the amount of dust those pads throw off in the first 2000miles will irritate you, especially as your car is so mint!

Braking power wise, they were fine with the n/a Altezza power, now with supercharger they suffer from brake fade after 3-4 high speed braking stops (100mph to 30mph-ish) so if you are braking HARD from those speeds avoid the Axxis pads, there naff.

If at some point you are getting boost you can try get some TRD pads, there not cheap but they are brilliant so some fellow Altezza owners reported :)

those pads will be suffice.

However, to be totally honest, these Discs and Pads will not be any better than the OEM ones, they only look better.

the same brakes on the IS200/300 are used on the GS300/430.

that is a much more heavy and powerfull car, they stop them with ease, the only letdown to the is200/300/gs300/430 brakes are the brake pads, they generate alot of dust, but dust means there working!.

Harder compound pads generate more heat, and "Warp" the discs.

So Mat, with me having serious brake fade what would u suggest, other than the obvious BBK?

I don't make habit of hard braking but late braking is thing of the past... I do drive the car hard, no point otherwise!!!!!

other than a BBK, there is little you really can do.

the problem is the trade offs.

std/aftermarket discs with harder compund pads, will not actually stop you any better, they just dont fade as quick, but the problem is more heat is generated, more heat means , the discs take the hit!

there is no easy solution

it really is all dependant on how you drive....

the easiest of solutions is go for a matched BBK, this allows for more brake effort with less heat build up

there are many routs to do a BBK...ive taken both routes with both the cars

A matched stoptech kit, and a OTT kit, using the ls400 calipers and Supra discs

Not too fussed about the low temp braking, i don't tend to ride ppl's bumpers lol, but... i don't want the brake fade... you know what MK's roads are like, i can drive it hard on roundabouts, just when i'm braking the fade after few roundabouts means fun has to stop to let them cool off...

BBK might be a problem due to the wheels... i think the Stoptech's won't clear my rims.. :(

Not too fussed about the low temp braking, i don't tend to ride ppl's bumpers lol, but... i don't want the brake fade... you know what MK's roads are like, i can drive it hard on roundabouts, just when i'm braking the fade after few roundabouts means fun has to stop to let them cool off...

BBK might be a problem due to the wheels... i think the Stoptech's won't clear my rims.. :(

you would be supprised.....

i didnt think the Stoptechs would clear mine, but there is a couple of mm clearence

there is a template you can DL from stoptech to check, i also belive that Prolex sell a BBK , again maybe dave can test fit for you???

Am

surely with the increase in offset for your wideass rims the rims wont clear the calipers??

As I was checking my rims and the front calipers are pretty close to the spokes as is (mine are aftermarket works wheels)

unless you run a spacer any pics close up of your wheel's?

Am

surely with the increase in offset for your wideass rims the rims wont clear the calipers??

As I was checking my rims and the front calipers are pretty close to the spokes as is (mine are aftermarket works wheels)

unless you run a spacer any pics close up of your wheel's?

Oli,

the current caliper isn't as close on the 19s as they were on the OE wheels... odd.

Yeh had discussions with Alex about clearance etc... i won't be able to fit spacers, as i would have to raise the car, which is against my religon. Worst case i will just shave some of the caliper IF it isn't going to be too much...

We'll see...

The tip is Remsa PROTECNO 3.0 + brembo drilled. Don't know where I read that (a Beemer or Audi forum?).

What I read up on this is that for the PROTECNO 3.0 you have to use drilled/slotted discs (even if Remsa says they are recomended for OEM discs). Because they do outgasing while braking hard (so this will be not very performant with none slotted/drilled discs). This is written between the lines and is my opinion (I never fitted my Remsa brake pad until now to make my own experience so perhaps this is not correct).

So I will buy some Mintex for my none-slotted Brembos. And give the Remsas away.

The best discs are Zimmermann (IMO). But they will not put discs for Lexus in their production line. I asked them about 3 times.

hmm......... I guess the spokes of your 19's must bend out more (big caliper clearing rims perhaps? - like some of the rays/gramlights)

more money spent on the pimpwagon eh?

Trying not to spend more on it... i'm working on the install which isn't cheap i can tell you... You wouldn't believe me if u told you how much just 1 amp is :ph34r:

I think high temp pads might be better for me.... :unsure:

The tip is Remsa PROTECNO 3.0 + Brembo drilled. Don't know where I read that (a Beemer or Audi forum?).

What I read up on this is that for the PROTECNO 3.0 you have to use drilled/slotted discs (even if Remsa says they are recomended for OEM discs). Because they do outgasing while braking hard (so this will be not very performant with none slotted/drilled discs). This is written between the lines and is my opinion (I never fitted my Remsa brake pad until now to make my own experience so perhaps this is not correct).

So I will buy some Mintex for my none-slotted Brembos. And give the Remsas away.

The best discs are Zimmermann (IMO). But they will not put discs for Lexus in their production line. I asked them about 3 times.

I know these are very popular in the V-Dub world... brother has them on his Corrado... and so do all his friends with dubs lol.

Shame they certainly get good press from those guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links