Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I caught my wifes car with my IS200 in the driveway and although there's no dent the bumper was scratched and paint has come off in 2 small place.

I tried to be smart and used one of those flash blocks you wet and then remove feltips off the wall etc (the bumper had attracted the colour of my wifes car).

By majic the block worked and the blue colour of my wifes car came off but when I checked in the morning :crying: there were scatches all over the bumper and it looks like the shiny lacque has come off because it really looks dull.

With the advise on the board I used Scratch X and it helped a bit but it looks aweful.

I've bought the touch up paint for the bit where it's completely but any suggestion on how to get the shine back?

I'm trying to avoid a respray on the bumper as I'm sure it's going to cost a fortune.

Any advise?

Cheers

You could try chips-away for a quick fix, although personally I just don't like the 'materials, paint' they use - as over time it will FADE.

Your best bet for a proper job would be to take it to a bodyshop. Depending on damage, they may be able to repair that specific area of damage, and 'blow' into the rest of the existing paint.

The choice is really yours..

Respraying the whole bumper shouldn't cost you a fortune if you shop around. I paid £80 for insurance approved bodyshop in Birmingham to respray the bumper on my wifes 2004 Polo that someone had reversed into (and left no details).

It's always my preference to have the whole panel sprayed rather than a local repair as long as its being done by a competent bodyshop.

Sandeep

is it not fixable with a good polish and tonnes of elbow grease!

i can normally get any dull looking car back to a decent gloss shine, with a bit of time and effort...

I caught my wifes car with my IS200 in the driveway and although there's no dent the bumper was scratched and paint has come off in 2 small place.

I tried to be smart and used one of those flash blocks you wet and then remove feltips off the wall etc (the bumper had attracted the colour of my wifes car).

By majic the block worked and the blue colour of my wifes car came off but when I checked in the morning :crying: there were scatches all over the bumper and it looks like the shiny lacque has come off because it really looks dull.

With the advise on the board I used Scratch X and it helped a bit but it looks aweful.

I've bought the touch up paint for the bit where it's completely but any suggestion on how to get the shine back?

I'm trying to avoid a respray on the bumper as I'm sure it's going to cost a fortune.

Any advise?

Cheers

Try some T-Cut first, it may just work :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links