Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have We Any...

Niraj

I have a couple of questions for any optometrists, or anyone who knows about optemetry.

Basically, I have astigmatism in my left eye +0.50 and my vision is -1.75 left eye.

My right eye is -2.00 DS.

Vision Express did my eye test.

I had my glasses made by Tesco opticians, and they measured my left PD at 29mm and right PD 33mm.

However, the new glasses feel like everything is slightly warped, even though my prescription has not changed. It takes a few seconds to refocus when i look around, although it has not given me a headache or other side effects. It just feels really uncomfortable.

Does anybody have any ideas why? Or what i should do?

My old frames with the same prescription, feel fine :( but i want to wear the new ones....

I have a couple of questions for any optometrists, or anyone who knows about optemetry.

Basically, I have astigmatism in my left eye +0.50 and my vision is -1.75 left eye.

I had my glasses made by Tesco opticians, and they measured my left PD at 29mm and right PD 33mm.

However, the new glasses feel like everything is slightly warped, even though my prescription has not changed. It takes a few seconds to refocus when i look around, although it has not given me a headache or other side effects. It just feels really uncomfortable.

My old frames with the same prescription, feel fine :( but i want to wear the new ones....

I always get the same effect when i get new gigs makes you feel like the floor is a bit closer than it actually is. I find it tends to go away after a while when you get over everything not being in soft focus anymore :D

I always get the same effect when i get new gigs makes you feel like the floor is a bit closer than it actually is. I find it tends to go away after a while when you get over everything not being in soft focus anymore :D

i've worn the frames for roughly 8 hours now... still feeling like i'm looking through a wine glass... (after drinking from the wine bottle) lol.

i'm hoping the new feeling wears off, but i'm doubting it will... really feels more weird than any of my other frames... :(

I'm not an optician, but you shouldn't get that feeling for long - odds are that they've given you too strong a prescription. My brother-in-law recently had the same problem, went back for a re-test and they then got it right.

Off topic but I've just got my eyes tested... -6.50 in each. I'm officially as blind as a bat. Eek. My glasses really are like bottoms of wine glasses!!!

Off topic but I've just got my eyes tested... -6.50 in each. I'm officially as blind as a bat. Eek. My glasses really are like bottoms of wine glasses!!!

That's pretty bad but I was -7.00 before I had Laser treatment 18 months ago.

I'd recommend it if you want to get rid of them glass bottoms.

Niraj, I'd say your prescription was too high, you can get the glasses measured I believe as they may have messed up the manufacturing/ measurements of your specs. No wonder there's a reflection off them in your dodgy avatar photo ;)

I keep wondering about laser surgery (I think I'm only about -2 in both) - I'm a bit squeamish about my eyes though. I was really keen on having it done last year, went for a consulation, etc. - then one of the consultants happened to mention that you can smell your eyeball burning :ohmy::sick:

On laser surgery...

+ Friend had it done and said brilliant, first thing she noticed was that she could see wall paper when opens her eyes in morning. She'd recommend it to everyone.

- Collegue at works wife works on eye problems in the hospital, she says she'd never recommend anyone to get it done. She went on about in one process they narrow clear part at front of eye, other way the scar the back of eye... Also said it can drastically affect your night vision. She her self has glasses / contacts and says she'll never go near laser surgery even though her eye sight is pretty bad.

Niraj, I'd say your prescription was too high, you can get the glasses measured I believe as they may have messed up the manufacturing/ measurements of your specs. No wonder there's a reflection off them in your dodgy avatar photo ;)

haha, reflection of my shades in the av, is photoshopped... but anyway :blush: lol

had a call from my optician this afternoon. apparently my left + right PD was 64mm 2 years ago, and the current measurement technique involves seperate readings. my left PD is 29mm, and my right PD is 33mm.

When my original frames were made, the PD of both eyes was 64mm divide by 2 = 32mm.

So my right eye which is 33mm, is within 1.5mm tolerance, hence it feels fine, however my left eye is 3mm different from the lenses i've been used to, which is why it feels so awkward.

Tesco have said, that if I don't get used to it, by the end of the week, then to take back both the frames and they will replace the lenses FREE :D

:lol: hahahahahaha....

*no further comments*

ps: 14+ hrs of wearing, and they "appear" to be adjusting, although can't be sure... as my brain is occupied thinking about what to have for breakfast :D

:lol: hahahahahaha....

*no further comments*

ps: 14+ hrs of wearing, and they "appear" to be adjusting, although can't be sure... as my brain is occupied thinking about what to have for breakfast :D

I had the same problem recently with a new pair of glasses, got them with polycarbonate lenses and couldn't see properly at all. Still don't know what the problem was, had them replaced with standard lenses and it was fine ;)

got them with polycarbonate lenses

Whats that?

My new lenses have the AntiReflection Glazing and Photochromatic tints.

They're made of the same material as CDs and stuff, virtually unbreakable

got them with polycarbonate lenses

Whats that?

My new lenses have the AntiReflection Glazing and Photochromatic tints.

They're made of the same material as CDs and stuff, virtually unbreakable

the actual lenses or the frames?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links