Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Gs300 - Day 2 - Still Got The Silly Grin

Hi all,

Day 2 of my first Lexus and still got that schoolboy grin from ear to ear :D I'm a total convert after two days!!!

Still finding that several items are not covered in the manual though :duh:

So after 2 hours of searching the forum and finding several nice tips, ideas etc I'm still left with the following questions...

1. Trip Computer - What actually resets the refuelling log as mine thinks I refuelled at 5.50am this morning, I didn't, altho I did go to work at that time? Also previous logs show very low milage between refuels e.g 0.8 & 0.1 miles etc. Maybe dealer doing test drives/customers playing with system???

2. Trip Computer - The clock is 1 hour slow, summer time i presume, how do I alter it? CAN I alter it?

3. REAR Door Red Foot Lights not working (both sides) is this likely bulbs/fuses or can they be switched off? and if bulbs how do I get access to them?

4. My Sat/Nav CD-Rom is version 2.1 and I been told latest version is 3.4 and is available from Lexus for approx £150. if so do people upgrade often and are older versions say 3.2 or 3.3 commonly available for sale second hand?

Anyway I would be grateful for answers to any of the above and any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in antisipation....

Nigel

all the settings for time and refueling etc can be reset from the onscreen menus on the satnav screen

the satnav has its own clock that isnt adjusted with the one on the dash :(

so maybe thats why it thinks you refueled at 5:50am?

it resets that when you open the flap for the petrol cap I assume, I get around 17 mpg on the mostly stop start trips i do in my car, no motorway etc

as for the satnav, I got mine with gold discount for around £120 I think, it didnt really update that much, or add any usefull features, and I went from the 1999 version to the 2004/5 version, dont cheap out to save for gold membership, its only £25 and you could recoup that back in the first thing you buy for your car with gold membership plus it helps support the club.

the covers for the lights should just pop off, get something blunt so you dont scrtch your lights or door card, and test one of the with a known working bulb, also test the door switches to make sure they are not just stuck.

enjoy the GS :)

The fuel computer resets when it detects that the fuel level in the tank when you start the car is not the same as when you stopped. Its a common problem if you park on a sloped drive or something and turn the car off quickly the level sensor hasn't adjusted and when you start the car it thinks you've put some fuel in. Its too sensitive on my GS as well.

> it resets that when you open the flap for the petrol cap I assume, I get around 17 mpg on the mostly stop start trips i do in my car, no motorway etc

Hi all,

Day 2 of my first Lexus and still got that schoolboy grin from ear to ear  :D I'm a total convert after two days!!!

Nigel

Hiya all :D

I know how you feel Nigel.

3 days ago I took my FTO to The Garage in Wishaw to have an engine flush and oil change and ended up buying his 1999 GS300 sport.

I WAS gonna get a BM 540 but couldn`t resist this lovely car.

Just bought it on the spur of the moment as I hadn`t even considered one before.

Only one small problem.....a headlamp has condensation in it. Any tips?????

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Nigel here (had to change my username - only single names allowed to apply for gold membership), anyway thought you might find this usefull

Click here

Hope it helps

Nigel

That`s great Nigel. :D

I shall attend to that this week-end if I`m not doing too much of this.... :driving: :zee:

ATB,

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links