Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swirls

Having washed and polished for 16 months now I have the usual dreaded swirls, most noticeable on the boot and bonnet in closeup view.

Having read all the posts I have just aquired some Meguiars:

1) Scratch-X

2) Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax

3) Showcar Shine Ultimate Wipe

Q: I suppose my surface has many coats of Turtlewax Shampoo Wax and Turtlewax Colour Polish layers.

Will the above cut through all that and do the business on metallic montrose blue ?

Any tips ?

Ta

Hopefully it will do. I found the clay really good for cleaning up paintwork before polishing - it made the paintwork as smooth as glass. I've just bought the Scratch-X and 3 stage cleaning/polishing kit from Meguairs, so am hoping that'll make the car look the mutts nuts. My car is sapphire blue, so am hoping for that nice wet-look finish.

Did clay and 3 stage on mine and the results were amazing - took 8 hours first time round though 'cos it was so bad - re-application after that was much faster you'll be relieved to hear :blink:

Did clay and 3 stage on mine and the results were amazing - took 8 hours first time round though 'cos it was so bad - re-application after that was much faster you'll be relieved to hear

Oh dear, 8 hours. I've got the clay and 3 stage to do on my 10 year old LS for the 1st time.

I'll book the week off then :crybaby:

The Scratch-X didn't get at the ground in very light, almost unnoticeable scratches like I expected but it certainly improved it. Maybe three workings of Scratch-X wasn't enough or maybe I'm being over pedantic about it ?

Washed, Hoovered, Scratch-X'ed, Meguiars Liquid waxed, Knackered :yawn: - looks a treat though, like when it was new.

What has set it off though is rotating the cigarette lighter so that the picture of the cigarette is horizontal with the dash - nice :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links