Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Twin Turbo Engine For Gs300 Sport

Well I finally got my mk1 GS300 SPORT. The next thing I'm planning on doing is putting a UK Twin Turbo Supra engine into the car so I'm looking for a bit of help. I have available to me a very low milage (20.000) engine, complete with turbos etc. Does anyone know what other things may be needed?? Also is the gearbox the same in the lexus as the Supra?? I'm trying to go on the what the Twin Turbo Aristo is like.

I had thought about going for an Aristo but there are a few things that put me off. Unfortunately I’m one of those guys that just likes things to be right….. I like the UK size rear bumper, also the proper MPH speedo cluster and UK radio, I like the Lexus symbol on the Airbag. The Aristo also doesn’t have the sport alloys, boot spoiler, front grill, headlight wash or suspension and more. Now I know that you could go to a salvage yards and start Sourcing all these parts or most anyway but by the time you go through all that and have things fitted and painted etc. it would be just too long and too pricy. Also the UK Twin Turbo Supra engine puts out about 320bhp or 326bhp which from what I read is a lot more that a standard Turbo Aristo.

Sudesh,

You would be best to speak to Mark, from TDi ....... he is also a member on here.

He has already done a coversion similar to the monster ........ try him !

I had thought about going for an Aristo but there are a few things that put me off. Unfortunately I’m one of those guys that just likes things to be right….. I like the UK size rear bumper, also the proper MPH speedo cluster and UK radio, I like the Lexus symbol on the Airbag. The Aristo also doesn’t have the sport alloys, boot spoiler, front grill, headlight wash or suspension and more. Now I know that you could go to a salvage yards and start Sourcing all these parts or most anyway but by the time you go through all that and have things fitted and painted etc. it would be just too long and too pricy.  Also the UK Twin Turbo Supra engine puts out about 320bhp or 326bhp which from what I read is a lot more that a standard Turbo Aristo.

Talk to some of the other members, for instance Norkep ...

It will cost much more (and you may come across many pitfalls) to put a Supra engine in a GS, than replace all the Toyota emblems on an Aristo ...

You may end up spending GBP1x,xxx on conversion parts and service ...

Also ... your car may spend it entire life in the shop ...

If you go for an Aristo TT ... you can use it while modding ... and feeling the improvements of every single part ... that feels soooo good :lol:

And the engine of the Supra is the same as that of the Aristo, officially the Aristo TT is 280 hp (as is the JDM Supra), ... but in practice... 280hp is an understatement :P

Talk to some of the other members, for instance Norkep ...

It will cost much more (and you may come across many pitfalls) to put a Supra engine in a GS, than replace all the Toyota emblems on an Aristo ...

You may end up spending GBP1x,xxx on conversion parts and service ...

Also ... your car may spend it entire life in the shop ...

If you go for an Aristo TT ... you can use it while modding ... and feeling the improvements of every single part ... that feels soooo good  :lol:

And the engine of the Supra is the same as that of the Aristo, officially the Aristo TT is 280 hp (as is the JDM Supra), ... but in practice... 280hp is an understatement  :P

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Plus you'll find it harder to insure with an engine conversion than if it come out of the factory like that.

Regards,

Gaz.

Thanks for all the info guys!! insurance isn't a problem and I can buy a UK Twin Turbo Supra engine and brain etc. from a friend who is in the salvage business for £1000!! It's a little more than emblem change for me on an Aristo Infact it's not even that as it's a new Airbag change to have the lexus Symbol and then there's the long search for the Sport rims which are almost impossible to get unless you buy new which in the long run will cost as much as the engine that I can get and even after that it doesn’t even finish an Aristo to UK spec for me. The front grill, the rear bumper, proper foglights, UK speedo cluster, and so on. I'm just a bit of a stickler for those sort of things. I'm not putting the Aristo down or knocking imports as I have had quite a few imports, (300ZX Twin Turbo Supra Twin Turbo 3000GT Twin Turbo) and even when I owned those cars I went and got all the UK bits to have it looking right. Another thing I found also is that the Aristo Turbo seems to be pretty expensive in England?? I bought my 97 300 Sport for allot less that any Aristo Turbo I've seen on the Auto Trader Website!! Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place?? Also the Aristo Turbo seems to be fairly down the years, I haven’t seen one over 1995 in the Auto Trader.

Hi,

Good luck with the engine swap,ive not found much info about the aristo on the net,let alone info for a Supra engine swap into a uk GS300 :unsure: .

I think help and advice will be hard to find for the engine swap,like in the above post TDI know there stuff,id say it would be a costly swap if they were to do the work,there could be little problems here and there,the labour cost would then go up.If you do the work yourself then fairplay,but info will tricky to get hold of,you could be then waiting for answers,i would imagine TDI would be helpful with tec info,but its easy to where out your welcome.

I respect your ideas,but buying a Aristo and changing the trim to uk spec would be the easier route in my option.

Again Good luck.

Cheers chips.

Thanks again for the advise!! So tell me then, were do I get my hands on a resionably priced 96 / 97 Aristo Twin Turbo with leather?? I was on the Toyota Import forum, didnt see anything there and the Auto Trader has only 2 which I'm not fussed on. Anyone know of anything???

The Aristo seems a rare car in the uk,there was one on eBay a few months back,i cant remember what year,it was a late mk1 i remember it went for £4000.It had alot of mods to it

You could always get a firm to import one in to the uk for you.They will look for what ever colour,year etc your after,a friend of mine did that and there very happy with there car.

I will keep a look out for one.

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links