Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diagnostic In Car Pc

Just changing my car for an IS200 and I will be swapping my In-Car PC to the lexus.

I want to put diagnostic software on the PC and connect it into the cars electrics. This is easy to do if the IS200 supports OBD-2, but I can't find out one way or the other.

Does anyone know if it is, and if its not, does anyone know how to connect diagnostic equipment to the car, and what can be read from it?

I remember Colin Barber talking about the OBD-2, but that it didn't produce much information. Have you tried searching on this?

Some of the more knowledgable members will be along to help you shortly.. :blush:

I remember Colin Barber talking about the OBD-2, but that it didn't produce much information. Have you tried searching on this?

Some of the more knowledgable members will be along to help you shortly.. :blush:

done searches all over the place, but theres not too much information. The OBD-2 can do 1/4 mile stats, translate any error messages and clear the engine warning light amongst other things. The equipment only costs about £70, but its £70 down the drain if the IS doesn't support it.

I can't remember if the IS or GS does - sorry I'm not that familiar in this area.

You can try PM'in Colin Barber or Chris.S

Someone will be able to help you..

I can't remember if the IS or GS does - sorry I'm not that familiar in this area.

You can try PM'in Colin Barber or Chris.S

Someone will be able to help you..

Thanks Chris was a big help, it does have a diagnostic port under the sterring wheel above the pedals, if anyone could look at the following page and see if they can match it to any of the diagrams I would be eternally grateful.

http://www.digimoto.com/which_of_the_three_obd.htm

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps, can't wait to get my lexus, :).

more info here here

Nice job with the carputer, really does the car justice. I've seen the site before, and many similar, but none actually list the cars and as the Lexus is not american there is a chance it does not support OBD-II even though it was built after 1996. The only way of telling for certain is to examine the socket and/or find a sticker under the bonnet. As i'm still looking for my car and havn't bought it yet, I have no way of checking, and I would like to get the pc parts asap.

well.. the IS300 "must" have OBDII, or else it wouldnt be allowed to be imported and sold in Canada. Although IS200 is not available in North America, I have no idea why they would build and IS200 (computa-tistically :P ?!?) diff than the IS300 ....

well.. the IS300 "must" have OBDII, or else it wouldnt be allowed to be imported and sold in Canada.  Although IS200 is not available in North America, I have no idea why they would build and IS200 (computa-tistically  :P  ?!?) diff than the IS300 ....

You have a good point there, however there are three different OBDII protocols and I would need the correct one to be able to order the equipment, I would presume that its ISO so the connector would have pins 4,5,7,15 and 16. <fingers crossed>.

What is everyone talking about ?  :blush:

Its a socket that allows you to connect into the sensors on the car, reading errors etc. I have a deffiinate yes from TDI, but only assuming the protocol as ISO.

I wishh to let my in car pc monitor the engine.

Its a socket that allows you to connect into the sensors on the car, reading errors etc. I have a deffiinate yes from TDI, but only assuming the protocol as ISO.

Awwwwww ... sounds good !! me like me like ! - anyone actually done this then ?

Awwwwww ... sounds good !! me like me like ! - anyone actually done this then ?

To a lexus IS200, I don't think so. To any car, i'm fairly certain yes. I will be posting pictures as the in car pc project progresses if I can work out how to add my car to the sites garage, do you need a gold acount?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links