Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

They are plastic strips coloured chrome. Somebody on here has tried them and I don't think that they were impressed. I know that on some of the GS grilles that are black. They are chrome underneath and some of the guys on here have stripped the paint off down to the chrome and they look really good. When I had my LS I can't remember what the grille was like! I think it was plastic.

They are plastic strips coloured chrome. Somebody on here has tried them and I don't think that they were impressed.  I know that on some of the GS grilles that are black. They are chrome underneath and some of the guys on here have stripped the paint off down to the chrome and they look really good. When I had my LS  I can't remember what the grille was like! I think it was plastic.

Well to disagree! I've got the e-bay 'Chrome' stuff fitted to my Ser 3 LS400 and it looks great. You have to be very accurate fitting the stuff, but it makes the car look much more 'together' somehow, all chrome fittings. Was happy with the service, and, IF I knew how, I'd post a picture or two. e-mail me on Roycerolls@madasafish.com and I'll send a pic or two?

Chris in Bristol.

They are plastic strips coloured chrome. Somebody on here has tried them and I don't think that they were impressed.  I know that on some of the GS grilles that are black. They are chrome underneath and some of the guys on here have stripped the paint off down to the chrome and they look really good. When I had my LS  I can't remember what the grille was like! I think it was plastic.

Well to disagree! I've got the e-bay 'Chrome' stuff fitted to my Ser 3 LS400 and it looks great. You have to be very accurate fitting the stuff, but it makes the car look much more 'together' somehow, all chrome fittings. Was happy with the service, and, IF I knew how, I'd post a picture or two. e-mail me on Roycerolls@madasafish.com and I'll send a pic or two?

Chris in Bristol.

I am NOT disagreeing with you. I was stating what somebody posted on here. If you are happy with them and they are okay then the guy who wants them will no doubt send his money off to get them and be as happy a bunny as you are. He was asking for opinions. I gave him what had been posted on here. You have given him first hand experience. Thats what this club is about, getting help and advice. If I were him I would now buy them,knowing that a fellow LS400 owner is well pleased with the ones he purchased.

link

If you use something like photobucket you just need to copy and paste the pics url straight on to the site to show pics. :D

I think the member had trouble fiting it to a GS rather than an LS,are the GS grills longer........i dont know ;)

If you use something like photobucket you just need to copy and paste the pics url straight on to the site to show pics. :D

I think the member had trouble fiting it to a GS rather than an LS,are the GS grills longer........i dont know ;)

Hi, I have used the chrome strip from America-arrived fine but don't expect a big package. It is rounded chromed plastic channel with some kind of pressure sensitive adhesive on the inside. Lokks great after fitting but here are a couple of tips:

Use superglue at the end of each strip or it is liable to fall off when it's sunny or it rains..

Check each length twice before you cut it to the correct size-if you cut it too short you have to order a new kit, there is no spare!

Install when it's warm so the glue is softer.

Seal the end of each piece with clear laquer to prevent water getting behind it and lifting it off.

Good luck, I think it makes a great car look even better!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links