Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Important That Lexus Carry Out The Service?

After reading a previous post made by myself about my up and coming 80k service, is it that important that the service is carried out by Lexus?

According to a recent newspaper article which as it happens featured Toyotas, it was made clear by the Toyota garage that warranties etc are still honoured even if the service is carried out by an independant garage so long as genuine parts are used and the service is carried to the exact menu of the manufactures specifiactions.

I.e They do everything Toyota would do if they carried out the service.

Any advise or opinions welcome. :driving:

you answered the question yourself .as long as the parts are lexus /toyota there will not be a problem .i have just bought a merc sprinter that has never seen a merc workshop and it has done 60k but has always been serviced by the lease company in house and is still covered by the warranty from mercedes.

you answered the question yourself .as long as the parts are lexus /toyota there will not be a problem .i have just bought a merc sprinter that has never seen a merc workshop and it has done 60k but has always been serviced by the lease company in house and is still covered by the warranty from mercedes.

So it won't effect the value of the car then?

So it won't effect the value of the car then?

A FSH from a non-Lexus dealer should not affect the resale value of a car, but all the service documents (i.e. what was done, changed etc) should be included as proof or service.

What a Lexus FSH will affect is the saleability of a car, given two identical cars, same spec, mileage etc, the LFSH is likely to encourage a buyer to go for that car.

I have been thinking about this recently too! :D

My car has a full lexus main-dealer service history -just seems a shame to not continue it.

I was thinking that it would be great if a company like Prolex at their centres (such as Glossop) had stamps made so that the garage could stamp the service books as being serviced by a Prolex centre.

Someone buying the car would have the reassurance that the service has been caried out properly and over time I think it would be worth as much (value wise) as one done by the lexus dealer.

Just an idea that may or may not already be in place! :D

I would rather go to Charlesworth Motors (Glossop Prolex Centre) then lexus for a service - its a garage I 100% trust and probably would do a better job then Lexus anyway (especially with what I have been hearing about Lexus Stockport)

Courtesy car is not as nice however! :P :lol:

I personally would be more encouraged to buy a Lexus with F Lexus SH rather than FSH.

But at the same time, I do all my servicing myself with genuine parts but keep the reciepts and staple them to the book for proof that at least the parts were bought. This has never caused any problems with me selling a car like this because after all, why would I buy the parts if they weren't gonna be fitted???

So I would say as long as there is reasonable proof that it has been done right then it shouldn't matter!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links