Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bt Broadband Anyone Else Having Problems?

Damer

Anyone else having problems with BT Broadband? My home connection has been down for 24 hrs. All connections are in the phone that runs from the same socket is working. Had no problems at all over the last 9mths.

Tried the ring back customer service, supposed to ring back in an hour. Message was left at 8pm last night no call yet!!! :tsktsk:

Was also on hold for 40 minutes last night :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Not very impressed, but help appreciated.

Anyone else having problems with BT Broadband? My home connection has been down for 24 hrs. All connections are in the phone that runs from the same socket is working. Had no problems at all over the last 9mths.

Tried the ring back customer service, supposed to ring back in an hour. Message was left at 8pm last night no call yet!!! :tsktsk:

Was also on hold for 40 minutes last night :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

have a nose around the bt website and look for the services link which will direct you to a page that will inform you of all problems that involve BTs internet service. It also displays in what areas are experiancing difficultys.

(sorry i dont have the direct link to that page....but i hope this helps) :)

Was also on hold for 40 minutes last night :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

have a nose around the bt website and look for the services link which will direct you to a page that will inform you of all problems that involve BTs internet service. It also displays in what areas are experiancing difficultys.

(sorry i dont have the direct link to that page....but i hope this helps) :)

Must be teh most unfriendly site ever. If anyone can find the link please let me know. Since spoken to BT have promised to call me when I get home from work. Hope I get it sorted.

Here the current service status details:-

Date opened Description Status

23 June 2005

09:24 AM

Problem in the Rainham area (01634)

We are aware of a problem in the Rainham area, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Dialling code(s) affected: 01634 Ongoing

22 June 2005

09:24 PM

Problem in the Hemswell area

We are aware of a problem in the Hemswell area, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Dialling code(s) affected: 01427 Ongoing

22 June 2005

03:36 PM

Problem in the Maidenhead area (01628)

We are aware of a problem in the Maidenhead area, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Dialling code(s) affected: 01628 Ongoing

22 June 2005

03:09 PM

Problem in the Bishop Norton area (01673)

We are aware of a problem in the Bishop Norton area, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Dialling code(s) affected: 01673 Ongoing

22 June 2005

01:15 PM

Problem in the Edwinstowe area (01623)

We are aware of a problem in the Edwinstowe area, which may prevent customers from accessing the internet. Our engineers are working to resolve the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Dialling code(s) affected: 01623

website is here

or you can phone 0800 169 0199

are you using a router???

Thanks Rodders. Home is in Stockport so nothing close. Yes it is a router (I think, bit of a tech numpty) but woman at BT said it was. Its a Voyager 205.

Try turning off the router, count to ten and then turn it back on again. You need to re-boot your PC after you do this. Give the router a few minutes to reconnect.

Have a look in the router manual if you have it - do the lights on the front look OK?

Do you still have the USB ADSL modem that BT sent you - the purple one?

Do you still have the USB ADSL modem that BT sent you - the purple one?

I think the voyager 205 IS the one BT send you in the first place, that's the one they sent me anyway.

What lights have you got on (on the front?) you haven't lost your USB connection have you? when mine goes tilt it's either that or the diags light illuminates.Both times I turn it off for a few seconds and restart my PC (as Rodders suggested).

I had the voyager 205 had nothing but trouble with it ended up getting a belkin wireless router never looked back.A problem I did have was the length of the adsl lead from the wall socket to the router one day it would work next day it wouldn't, a good quality lead soon sorted this out

Another thing is that bt are upgrading all their broadband lines to 1gb/2gb it may have something to do with that.

hope you get it sorted soon !

ive got the 2gb line, and the Voyager 205 router.

Tuther day i couldnt get online, after doing all the tests, i ended up just switching it of and on again.......(like Rod said) Voila....sorted

NOT very impressed with BT. After 30 hours finally got to speak to a person at BT. Did loads of tests still doesn't work. Even moved the whole PC, router etc to the main line box in the house, (in my daughters bedroom waking her in the process), STILL doesn't work!! :tsktsk:

BT finally admitted it might their problem. That was at 10pm last night.

I was promised someone would call me back by 9am to try and sort it. Suprise suprise no call!

My wife works from home, heading to London today for meetings and she hasn't been able to send/recieve stuff for meeting, agenda etc.

Really really cross with BT their customer service is shocking!! :angry:

The saga continues. STILL no service. Phones still work except latest brain wave is leave PC plugged in for 48 hours to main line box, which means we have no phone! Difficult when wife works from home!!

With the exception of 1 or 2 everyone I have spoken to a BT are complete numpty's. Sorry if you work there (I used to) but they just do not seem to care or know what they are talking about!

Very Very Irate now. :tsktsk:

There's no chance that someone in your house has plugged in a phone / answerphone / Sky box / modem / anything else without a microfilter??

(sorry if you've been asked that a million times by BT - just trying to be helpful)

That shouldn't matter as the filters are there to stop interference on the voice calls not the ADSL signal. A faulty filter can cause problems though.

When you moved the router to the master socket were all the other extensions disconnected from the master?

There's no chance that someone in your house has plugged in a phone / answerphone / Sky box / modem / anything else without a microfilter??

(sorry if you've been asked that a million times by BT - just trying to be helpful)

That shouldn't matter as the filters are there to stop interference on the voice calls not the ADSL signal. A faulty filter can cause problems though.

When you moved the router to the master socket were all the other extensions disconnected from the master?

Done all that, but thanks. Getting very frustrated with BT, just seem to be going round in circles.

Ace mate - what was the trouble??

Dunno. Just moved PC back from main line box to study 'cos wife had to do work without waking kids. Tried to connect and BINGO!

I rang BT to say thanks for sorting but after holding for 15 mins hung up.

Glad is working but customer service is poo.

Sorry people today and yesterday before it was fixed were saying thing about the increases of speed causing probs. Sorry all gibberish to me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links