Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch

imi

what are the symptoms of a clutch on its way out in an IS200?

imi, try going up a hill in 2nd or 3rd gear, and put your foot to the floor :D if your car rev's and you dont seem to be getting anywhere, your clutch is slipping and on its way out :D :hehe: why whats your car doing mate :question:

imi, try going up a hill in 2nd or 3rd gear, and put your foot to the floor :D if your car rev's and you dont seem to be getting anywhere, your clutch is slipping and on its way out :D :hehe: why whats your car doing mate :question:

its not far off how you describe, also even though i am doing 40 or 50 is 3rd gear the revs stay around 3000, if i put it 4th the revs drop to 2000K, i also notice that when i press the clutch in sometimes its hard getting it into gear..got a feeling that the clutch is on its way out!

if the cars in neutral there is a noise from the front of the car, but press the clutch pedal in and it goes, clutch re;ealse bearing?

its not far off how you describe, also even though i am doing 40 or 50 is 3rd gear the revs stay around 3000, if i put it 4th the revs drop to 2000K, i also notice that when i press the clutch in sometimes its hard getting it into gear..got a feeling that the clutch is on its way out!

if the cars in neutral there is a noise from the front of the car, but press the clutch pedal in and it goes, clutch re;ealse bearing?

imi, has it done lost of miles ? do you drive it :driving: the noise sounds like the clutch bearing as you say, looking like new clutch time :ph34r:

One test method is to put the car into first gear put on the handbrake hard, rev the engine to about 1000rpm and slowly lift your foot off the clutch whilst increasing the power a little. If the engine stalls there is still life in the clutch, if the engine keeps running the clutch is gone.

the cars has done 102K, (i amsure it should last longer than that?)

will do the testing on the way home from work, i think there is a little tiny bit of life left, must have a word with Mr Pro-lex...

is it worth getting the Uprated one of the OEM one?

will do the testing on the way home from work, i think there is a little tiny bit of life left, must have a word with Mr Pro-lex...

i dont know the price of a clutch :question: if you going to do engine mods you might be better getting uprated one, again i dont know the price :question: ask mr prolex :D

won't be doing any other engine mods, just what i got on now, will take a peak at the price of the oem one...

Gord any news of you know who... back yet?

Getting him from airport on friday :D be back at work next week :D i will give you a call :D

sounds like its fooked imi,i think a oem one cost around 240 quid,not cheap .as mr shipley,i had a new one put in at 70,000 miles,fine now.

Update:

Did the testing of the clutch yesterday,

1. Put it in 3rd Gear, started to pull, it juddered a little but it set-off!

2. Tried again, same result..

3. Tried it in 2nd, pulled off a breeze, no probs.

4. While normal driving up a hill which i can take

in 3rd or 4th gear, i often have to drop it into 2nd gear!

So does this indicate clutch is gone?

If so, is it better to buy the OEM or shall i go with Upgraded one?

I won't be doing any other engine mods, other than what i got, induction kit and HKS Ti Hyper, (maybe getting pre-cats removed and the sports CAT replacement for MR-PRO-LEX later)

Thanks for the info guys.. (Gord no probs)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links