Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

HI,

Posted here a few months back for some assist when trying to decide which model to get, but must have picked a "slack" time as no replies !!

Anyway, finally made my decision and bought a 2000 on an X plate LS430 yesterday, picking it up next weekend (getting the wheels refurbed and a couple of bits of paintwork retouched first you see). I,m so chuffed I finally did it that I cant ruddy well wait really, but there you go..

My query is, does this leviathon have an inbuilt phone kit of any kind?, the sort that would utilise the satnav screen and one or more of the 10 billion buttons on the dash and wheel?

I know its gona take me a month to learn what everything does, but the phone thing is pretty critical to me, so should I just get a kit fitted or is there something "Lexusesque" that integrates?

Also (excuse this bit Im new to Lexus, so go gently)....Does the SatNav double as a TV?

Thankyou in anticipation

NB

Hope to participate in the forums more now Ive actually got one !!

NBB

Closest dealer to me is Coventry anyon eknow whet theyre like in dear old Cov?

Congrats on the new purchase - I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

I don't know too much about the phone kit, but i'm sure that the Sat Nav screen can't be used as a TV without some modifications.

The dealer in Coventry is part of the Listers Group - i usually use their other dealership in Worcester and service is generally good.

I don't know too much about the phone kit, but i'm sure that the Sat Nav screen can't be used as a TV without some modifications. 

Darn, I was wondering if it was like the BMW system where the satnav has doubled as a TV for around 5 years now all as standard with their comms package..

lexus leicester are also very good and are also quite local(ish) to you. there are no phone or tv function as standard on the model you have purchased.

• 2 months later...

Only the later ones have phone/bluetooth but I did install a (fixed) phone in the LS430, got it off of e-bay- a motorola- I think the only ones making fixed phones now. Had some problems getting the unlock code but found someone on the internet, fitted an internal aerial, a stick on thing up the side of the screen, and wired it in fairly easily -theres plenty of room alongside the transmission tunnel and behind the footwell carpet. fortunately, there'd been a fixed phone before so the power, taken from the footwell fuse box, passenger side just in front of the door hinge, behind the panel was easy to connect. Bolted the speaker box to this panel and to avoid unsightly holes bought a customised clip on colour coded panel which affixes to the left of the transmission tunnel. All in, fitting it myself, around £150 but you have to supply your own sim card. The great thing is that the control unit has a "permanent" sim which you insert -any sim card- under the carpet, but you can also insert a temporary sim card in the handset from your own mobile. If there's no temporary sim card fitted it defaults to the fixed one. It's only fixed because you'd need to hoik up the carpet to change it.

By the way it's all handsfree, with a mike cable hidden behind the screen rubber and on a t-mobile card it seems to work everywhere I've been, even in areas challenging for a mobile

Even though I say so myself- and i'm no phone engineer- it's a great and easy installation even if I did fear doing it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links