Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Light And Trc Flashes On/off

sjf

What was the last modification you made ?

This usually happens when one of the sensors get an error code ............. get the code read using a reader.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=23459&hl=

Im a newbie, only had the car for 3 weeks now :angry: though i haven't been driving to work its been parked up for 5 days and only just drove it today to find this problem...it was fine before ?

Havent done any mods yet, it standard

Hmm .... get the codes read by a dealer, or a garage.

Reset the ecu too ......... but if you do this, you will lose the error code !

did notice that when turning off the car and turning it back on the Battery seemed quite low but it still started though?

is there anything i can clean, sensors maybe i have an is200 :crybaby:

Try cleaning the Air sensor ............ but even after you clean that, you need to reset the ECU to notice the effect .......... or have the error codes wiped, before those lights will stop flashing !

Missing ? .......... the chances are the car has gone into 'limp' mode ........ that's because there is the error code stored, not a major problem .............. you will find that if you reset the ECU it should come back out of 'limp' mode.

Missing ? .......... the chances are the car has gone into 'limp' mode ........ that's because there is the error code stored, not a major problem .............. you will find that if you reset the ECU it should come back out of 'limp' mode.

ok, but then again doing this might not fix the problem of why the light came on in the first place? or will it stop the flashing engine light and trc

might have to bite the bullet and give it to lexus..there goes my wallet :(

thanks for the help mate

Just ask your local Lexus dealer to read the code ........... they shouldn't charge you for that.

They will be able to tell you what the problem is ............ then it's up to you what you want to do with it .................

ok, will do..when i drove the car it also felt like it was missing slightly?

thanks for the help guys

where's the air sensor located?

As said, if your car is missing could be one of the coil packs, did this on my car, as scarface has said go to lexus to findout what code is putting your light on :D if its one of your coil packs, dont get one from lexus, as a few members have some for sale im sure :D

Don't reset the ECU, you won't find out the problem. If the lights goes out after 3 cycles of running the engine then the fault is no longer there but the ECU will still keep the error code. If the light doesn't go away then the fault is still there.

Don't reset the ECU, you won't find out the problem. If the lights goes out after 3 cycles of running the engine then the fault is no longer there but the ECU will still keep the error code. If the light doesn't go away then the fault is still there.

Went to lexus this morning, the check it out and found it to be the coil pack, causing the fault...batter was also flat this morning also?

the error code was 1106=coil pack...getting them to do it as i also need spark plugs done :(

cost to do the job coil +spark plugs including time and labour £330..its ashame i didnt check your post mate, would of rather bought a coil of you guy's

oh well at least the problem will get sorted :blink:

I got exactly the same problem on my engine today! My engine is running very bad.The whole car is trembling like a leaf.I dont know what to do? Should i really drive my car to the Lexus dealer? It sounds like an old fishing boat when i start my engine and there is no power at all when I hit the accelerator (the car moves like it had 50 hp).

Please. Give me some advice

Edit: My car is 100% original and has a full serivce history

I got exactly the same problem on my engine today! My engine is running very bad.The whole car is trembling like a leaf.I dont know what to do? Should i really drive my car to the Lexus dealer? It sounds like an old fishing boat when i start my engine and there is no power at all when I hit the accelerator (the car moves like it had 50 hp).

Please. Give me some advice

Edit: My car is 100% original and has a full serivce history

IT seems you have the same symptons as i had mate...i think its best to get Lexus to at least check it out on the computer as this will tell them what the fault is...that way you will now what the problem is and then the choice is up to you to get it done by Lexus or someone else..:)

definately sounds like one of the coil packs though

IT seems you have the same symptons as i had mate...i think its best to get Lexus to at least check it out on the computer as this will tell them what the fault is...that way you will now what the problem is and then the choice is up to you to get it done by Lexus or someone else..:)

Toyota (in a small town) here in Sweden wants about £ 130 to fix it. A "real" Lexus dealer wants much more.Im getting my car back tomorrow. :) :driving:

Toyota (in a small town) here in Sweden wants about £ 130 to fix it. A "real" Lexus dealer wants much more.Im getting my car back tomorrow. :) :driving:

Just to let everyone know...i got my car back today..the final price was 275 including Vat at Lexus Croydon :)

They changed the coil pack and replaced the spark plug.

But they also mentioned that either my water pump or steering pump is making a slight noise but said they would need to look into it...:(

Had same problem. Error was "Absolute Map Pressure". Acc to Lexus is not a problem to drive the car since all errors make the car use default values. However the engine stalls at contant RPM every now and then and also the blinking lights are annoying!Problem is fixed temporarily when when I switch the engine off for 15-20 minutes and then restart the engine and will re-appear after between 2 hours and 2 weeks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links